Monkey bread is delicious and makes a great breakfast treat. This Monkey Bread Recipe is made with biscuit dough, cinnamon, and a buttery brown sugar sauce. It is a gooey sweet pull-apart bread that you'll love! In the past, we have made Monkey Bread French Toast, and this is just as good!
⭐Why this recipe works
This monkey bread recipe makes a great breakfast, snack, or dessert. Talk about versatility!
This is an easy monkey bread recipe thanks to the shortcut of using canned biscuit dough.
Monkey bread is traditionally made in a bundt cake pan, but you can also make it a loaf pan if you don't have a bundt pan.
- Biscuit dough - Using refrigerated biscuit dough really shortens the prep time of this recipe.
- Cinnamon - Adds a rich flavor to the gooey glaze.
- Chopped walnuts - Gives the monkey bread a nutty flavor and just the right amount of crunch.
📋Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1: For this recipe, you will be slicing each biscuit into four pieces. The easiest way I have found to do this is to use a pizza cutter.
STEP 2: You can pour either melted butter or margarine over the biscuit pieces. We used butter on ours. Mix well so all of the dough is covered.
STEP 3: Add a layer of the biscuits to a loaf pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
STEP 4: In a small bowl, mix white and brown sugars with cinnamon, chopped walnuts, vanilla and water to make a glaze.
STEP 5: Pour half of the cinnamon sugar mixture glaze on top of the layer of biscuits in the pan.
STEP 6: Layer the remaining biscuits over the glaze and pour the remainder of the glaze on top.
STEP 7: Bake for 30 minutes during which time your house will smell AMAZING!
Tip 1: You will want to serve this warm but not hot. The sugar glaze can get super hot, so make sure it has cooled down enough especially if you are serving it to children.
Tip 2: You can flip the monkey bread over and serve it as you would with bundt-type monkey bread. That puts all the gooey-ness on top.
You can store this in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
You can also use chopped pecans in this recipe.
Yes, you can! You can make this the night before, cover the pan with plastic wrap, and refrigerate. Then just pop it in the oven the next day when you are ready to use it. You will have to extend the cooking time by a few minutes since the dough will be cold.
🌟If you try this recipe, leave a star rating below or a review in the comment section. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get my latest recipes!
Monkey Bread Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Open a 16 oz container of biscuits. Slice each biscuit into four equal pieces and place in a medium bowl.
- Pour ¼ cup of melted butter or margarine over the biscuit pieces and mix until all the pieces are coated.
- In a small bowl, mix white and brown sugars with cinnamon, chopped walnuts, vanilla and water to make a glaze.
- Place half of the biscuits in the bottom of the loaf pan and pour half of the glaze on top.
- Layer the remaining biscuits over the glaze and pour the remainder of the glaze on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve this warm but not hot. The sugar glaze can get super hot, so make sure it has cooled down enough especially if you are serving it to children.
- You can flip the monkey bread over and serve it as you would with bundt-type monkey bread. That puts all the gooey-ness on top.
- This nutrition information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.