Are you wondering what Valentines treats to send to school with your child? You want something a little creative and fun and not just your typical store bought Valentines. No shame on those, I am the queen of store bought Valentines. But, it you have a little more time this year and want to make something fun, try these Monster Lollipops for Valentine's Day. They are so easy to make and turn out super cute and tasty! Aldo check out this Love Bug Valentine Craft.
Why kids love these homemade lollipops
- They can personalize them
- What kid doesn't like lollipops
- They taste like Jolly Ranchers
- Awesome Reds Jolly Ranchers
- Candy Eyes
- Valentine Heart Sprinkles (Assorted Colors and sizes)
- Lollipops Sticks
HOW TO MAKE VALENTINE'S LOLLIPOPS
Before you start, you'll want to pre-heat your oven to 275 degrees.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Unwrap the jolly ranchers and place 3 together vertically for each lollipop. Make sure they are touching and that you leave enough room to add the lollipop stick later. Space them about an inch apart from each other.
Place the cookie sheet in the oven for 6 minutes or until the jolly ranchers are just melted. Take out and immediately add a lollipop stick to each one.
Place eyeballs and sprinkles on to make little monster faces. Make sure to work very fast because the candy will start to harden quickly. Since these are monster faces, feel feel to get creative. Three eyes, one eye, no eyes...it all works!
Let the Valentine's Day lollipops cool for 20-30 minutes.
Now your lollipops are ready to enjoy!
You can place these Monster Lollipops for Valentine's Day in small bags and give them out for a Valentine’s Day treat! They are great for class Valentines!
Monster Lollipops for Valentine's Day
- 21 Red and Pink Jolly Ranchers
- Candy Eyes
- Valentine Heart Sprinkles Assorted Colors and sizes
- Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees.
- On a parchment lined cookie sheet, place 3 unwrapped jolly ranchers together vertically for each lollipop you are making. Make sure they are touching and that you leave enough room to add the lollipop stick later. Space them about an inch apart from each other.
- Place in oven for 6 minutes or until jolly ranchers are just melted. Take out and immediately add a lollipop stick to each one. Place eyeballs and sprinkles on to make little monster faces. Make sure to work very fast because the candy will start to harden quickly.
- Let cool for 20-30 minutes and they are ready to enjoy!
Frequently asked questions
4 inch sticks work perfectly for these monster lollipops.
Jolly ranchers in the red family work best for this Valentine's treat. You can get everything you need in this Awesome Reds assortment.
Make meal planning easy
Have you heard about Eat At Home Meal Plans? If the cost of eating out or the decision of what to make for dinner each night is stressing you out, then you must try these. When you sign up, you get access to four separate meal plans each month (Traditional, Wholesome Traditional, Slow Cooker, and No Flour/No Sugar). All you do is print the plans, color-coded grocery lists, and recipes you want for that month. Don’t worry, there are lots of options, so even picky eaters will find something they like.
Then when it is time for dinner, make that night’s recipe (choices include make-ahead, freezer meals, slow-cooker recipes, and other time-saving strategies).
That’s it! Dinner is on the table and you can enjoy a home cooked meal with the family – without the stress!