Delicious from scratch and easy to make, these M&M cookies are perfect for Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day Cookies with M&Ms are a fun treat to make for loved ones on Valentine's Day. They have all the goodness of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies with the added treat of chocolate-filled pink and red M&Ms. You can also use those colorful M&Ms in this Valentine's Dessert Cheese Ball.
⭐Why This Recipe Works
- Just 30 minutes start to finish for delicious cookies!
- Make a great treat for a loved one on Valentine's day. When you are done, check out these 15 Heart Activities to Love.
- The M&Ms provide a rich chocolate flavor and the candy coating adds a nice crunch to the cookies
- Butter (Soft)
- Granulated sugar taste
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
- Valentine M&M candies
📋Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1: Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
STEP 2: In a large bowl, combine, butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, egg, all purpose flour, baking soda, chocolate chips & salt. Stir until all of the ingredients have developed into a cookie dough.
STEP 3: Roll into Tablespoon sized dough balls and place on baking sheets sprayed with cooking spray. You can also use a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
STEP 4: Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are set.
STEP 5: Remove from oven. Quickly place valentine M&M’s onto the warm cookies.
STEP 6: Transfer to a cooling wire rack.
Enjoy these Valentine's day M&M cookies with a glass of milk and find out why this is one of my favorite cookie recipes.
Tip 1: For easy clean up, you can line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
Tip 2: When storing the cookies, place a piece of parchment paper in between layers to keep them from sticking together.
How do you store these cookies?
You can store these in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
How come you don't add M&Ms to the cookie dough?
Since there are already chocolate chips in the cookies, there is plenty of chocolate taste in them. Adding the candies after baking ensures that they remain intact and don't crack.
🌟If you try this recipe, leave a star rating below or a review in the comment section. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get my latest recipes!
Valentine’s Day Cookies with M&Ms
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine, butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, egg, flour, baking soda, chocolate chips & salt.
- Roll into Tablespoon sized balls and place on a nonstick pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are set.
- Remove from oven. Quickly place valentine M&M’s onto the warm cookies.
- Transfer to a cooling rack.