If you have a princess lover at home, chances are you have heard about Princess Toast. A delightfully pretty and tasty snack, Princess Toast is easier to make than you might imagine. This Princess Toast would be wonderful to serve at a play date, and if you have a having a princess party, this would perfect for the guests to make and eat!
Why your kids will love Princess Toast
- Provides inspiration for kids to be creative at snack time
- Perfect for a princess themed party
- Makes the prettiest snack around
- Easy for kids to make - If your children are interested in learning to cook, look into the Raddish monthly subscription box.
- Sliced bread
- Whipped Cream Cheese
- Food coloring
- Plastic knives
- Sprinkles - gold crown sprinkles, pink crown sprinkles, lavender sprinkles, pink sugar pearls
How to make Princess toast
I have seen other recipes for Princess Toast or fairy bread that used vanilla frosting instead of whipped cream cheese. You are certainly welcome to do that, but I like using cream cheese because it has less sugar. There is plenty of sweetness on top of the toast thanks to the sprinkles.
To make this Princess Toast, take the whipped cream cheese and divide it into four cups. You will want a cup for each color of cream cheese you choose to spread on your toast.
Add the food coloring to each individual cup. Mix well. Kids really have a lot of fun with this step as they can experiment to make whatever colors they choose. Bright, vibrant colors work really well on this Princess Toast.
Spread the colored cream cheese onto your slice of bread. Now is the chance for your child to really flex their creative muscles. They can spread the cream cheese on however they wish - stripes, squares, sideways stripes...
I loved watching all the fun ways they came up with for decorating their piece of toast.
Add festive sprinkles for an added princess touch. There are lots of fun sprinkles out there that fall into a princess theme. These gold crown sprinkles are a must have in my opinion. So regal!
Doesn't this Princess toast look fabulous? The good news is that it tastes even better than it looks!
Enjoy making (and eating) this royal snack with your kiddos! You will be one popular mom!
- Take your whipped cream cheese and divide it into cups.
- You will want a cup for each color cream cheese you choose to spread on your toast.
- Add your food coloring to each individual cup.Mix well.
- Spread your cream cheese onto your toast.
- Add sprinkles for an added princess touch.
- Serve & enjoy!
Frequently asked questions
You can also make this with a croissant. Follow the same directions, only top a croissant instead of sliced bread.
You can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. If you store it for any longer, the bread will become hard.