One of our most popular posts has been our 18 Fine Motor Activities for Preschoolers, which inspired me to compile this resource of 20 St. Patrick’s Day Kids Fine Motor Activities. Even if you’re not Irish, you probably celebrate St. Patrick’s day in one way or another. You may have a leprechaun magically visit your home leaving mischief in his path. Your child may design a leprechaun trap for school. Or maybe you just wear green and enjoy the luck o’ the Irish! Here at Mess for Less, we celebrate St. Patrick’s Day by doing kids activities. These kids activities are designed for young children that are working on strengthening their fine motor skills. But they can really be enjoyed by any child. Never has working on important skills been so fun!
We do a lot of fine motor practice in our house and these are some materials I consider must haves. We use Eye droppers for squeezing and releasing water. These Kids Tongs can be used with small items like pom poms for a quick activity. Pipe cleaners can be used for threading with beads and these styrofoam blocks can be used in a variety of ways.
Each link number below corresponds with a number in the photos, so you can see exactly what the St. Patrick’s Day Kids Fine Motor Activities look like.
20 St. Patrick’s Day Kids Fine Motor Activities
1. St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Craft from Mess for Less
2. St. Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids from Lalymom
3. St. Patrick’s Day Fine Motor Activity from Sunny Day Family for Pre-K Pages
4. St. Patrick’s Day Fine Motor Sensory Bin from The Jenny Evolution
5. Pot of Gold Fine Motor Sensory Play from And Next Comes L
6. DIY Clover Lacing Card from Carrots are Orange
7. St. Patrick’s Day LEGO Challenge from No Time for Flashcards
8. St. Patrick’s Day Straw Art Activity from Mess for Less
9. St Patrick’s Day Beaded Rainbow Necklace from Buggy and Buddy
10. St. Patrick’s Day Play Dough Tray from Cutting Tiny Bites
11. Kids St Patrick Craft Crown from B-Inspired Mama
12. Rainbow Pot of Gold Chain Necklace from Crafty Morning
13. Q-Tip Clover Tracing from 3 Dinosaurs
14. Make a St. Patrick’s Day Votive from Mess for Less
15. St. Patrick’s Day Baking Soda Fine Motor Play Activities from Little Bins for Little Hands
16. Fine Motor Yarn Wrapped Rainbow from School Time Snippets
17. DIY Rainbow Necklace from Mommy’s Bundle
18. Fine Motor Rainbow Pipe Cleaner Craft from Sugar Aunts
19. Rainbow Fruit Loop Towers from Mess for Less
20. Rainbow Puzzle Felt Page from Powerful Mothering
What is your favorite way to celebrate St. Patrick’s day with kids?
If you are looking more fun ways to engage your kids, I highly recommend KiwiCo. As a former teacher, I was really impressed with the quality of materials found in KiwiCo. Some moms have told me that they want to do activities like I do on Mess For Less with their kids, but they just don’t have to the time to go buy all the supplies and prepare them for the activity. KiwiCo is the perfect solution.
Every month your KiwiCo will focus on a particular theme like Colors, Dinosaurs or Gardening. KiwiCo offer a variety of projects ranging from crafts, imaginative play, science experiments and more.