This Apple Chips Recipe is so easy to make! You only need 3 ingredients to make a healthy and satisfying snack that kids will love. For more yummy apple recipes, check out our Apple Crescents.
⭐Why this recipe works
- Since it only has 3 ingredients, it is an easy recipe to make with kids.
- You can use apples that have some bruising on the outside since they will be peeled and sliced, and you can get rid of the bad parts.
- Cooking them in the oven slowly at a low temperature produces crispy apple chips
- Apples - a sweet variety such as Golden Delicious, Macintosh or Honeycrisp work best.
- Cinnamon - a natural pairing with apples, gives them a delicious spice.
- Sugar - for an added touch of sweetness. You can also use a sugar substitute or skip it entirely.
📋Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1: Peel and slice apples into thin slices.
STEP 2: After the apples are peeled and sliced, place the slices in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. You can also use a cookie sheet with a silicone mat like the silpat mat.
STEP 3: Top with cinnamon and sugar.
STEP 4: Bake at 225 degrees for 1 hour and then remove them from the oven. Flip over the apple chips, add more cinnamon sugar and return to the oven for 1 more hour. Turn off the oven and leave the apple chips in there for 1 more hour with the oven off. This really helps these chips get crunchy.
STEP 5: When the chips are cooked, remove them and place them on racks to cool.
This apple chip recipe makes the crispiest, crunchiest apple chips we have ever tried. The cinnamon and sugar really make them feel like a special treat.
These apple chips won't last very long since they are a delicious snack. You'll also love these Apple Spiders Halloween Snack.
Tip 1: To prepare the apples for this recipe, I highly recommend a mandoline slicer. It just makes slicing apples a breeze and all your slices will be uniform in size. Just watch those fingers as the slicers are super sharp!
Tip 2: After the chips have baked for 2 hours, turn off the oven and leave the apple chips in there for 1 more hour with the oven off. This really helps these chips get crunchy.
The apples I have had the most success with are red delicious, granny smith, pink lady, fuji, honey crisp, and golden delicious.
If you do have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container for 3-4 days, but they will not retain the crisp and crunch they had when just made.
🍏Related Apple Recipes
🌟If you try this recipe, leave a star rating below or a review in the comment section. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get my latest recipes!
Apple Chips Recipe
- 2-3 apples of a sweet variety such as Golden Delicious Macintosh or Honey Crisp
- 2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ⅛ cup Sugar
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Peel and core the apples and slice thinly.
- Place sliced apples on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon and sugar on the apple slices.
- Bake the apples for 1 hour and then flip the apple slices.
- Sprinkle with some more cinnamon and sugar.
- Return to oven for 1 more hour.
- Turn off oven and keep apples in turned off oven for 1 more hour.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
- To prepare the apples for this recipe, I highly recommend a mandoline slicer. It just makes slicing apples a breeze and all your slices will be uniform in size. Just watch those fingers as the slicers are super sharp!
- After the chips have baked for 2 hours, turn off the oven and leave the apple chips in there for 1 more hour with the oven off. This really helps these chips get crunchy.
Can you leave the peel?
Glad to be of help Traci!
It is tempting!
I bet that would work Lizzie.
They are so good aren't they?
Thank you for the sweet words Claudia.
are you kidding me that these are that easy I read this recipe and in awe. I can't believe. Seriously I need to make these tomorrow morning and Thank you so much for posting. I am going to make my whole household very happy thanks to you! cheers!
We love cinnamon apple crisps (my 1 year old especially) and so good with a yoghurt dip.
I would snack on these all day long!
We are twinning on the "apple tree" abundance issue LOL. Seriously, I never thought of making apple chips with ALL those apples. But I'm going to think about it now. Thanks for the step by step! I'll be coming back to this one! 🙂
I've never tried apple chips but these look so yummy, I love cinnamon! I'd imagine a food processor slicing blade would be good in the absence of a mandolin. I love your tip about keeping them in the oven after it's switched off!
Thank you so much Christina! You are so sweet. People like you make it all worth it! 🙂
So excited to try this recipe for the apple chips! Thanks for sharing! Because of people like you and the blessing of the internet to share such tips, I and my family get to enjoy learning and trying new things. Thanks so much!