Apple Pie Muffins
Apple Pie Muffins Using Crescent Rolls
- 1 can Apple pie filling
- 8 Crescent rolls
- For streusel topping:
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 1/2 tablespoon of water
- 2/3 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of softened butter
- This recipe will make 4 Apple Pie Muffins. Since you need 2 crescents per muffin, you will get 4 muffins out of a tube of 8 crescents.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove the dough from the tube and unroll it. The dough is made of crescent triangles. Connect two of the triangles so that you can make four rectangles of dough.
- Push each rectangle of dough into a greased muffin tin so that they form a muffin cup.
- Scoop a large spoonful of apple pie mixture into each crescent muffin cup.
- For the streusel topping combine 1/3 cup of sugar, 1/3 cup of flour, 2/3 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/2 tablespoon of water and 2 tablespoons of softened butter.
- Use a fork to mix the butter into the mixture until it becomes crumbly.
- Sprinkle enough topping over each muffin to cover it completely.
- Bake the muffins in a 375 degree oven for 12-13 minutes until the edges start to brown.
If you are looking to feed a family and save money with make ahead meals, then one of the best resources I have found is MyFreezEasy. You will be able to create your own meal plans so you can make 10 to 12 meals for your freezer in less than one hour. You can choose from gluten free, slow cooker and clean eating options. You’ll be able to get 10 meals into your freezer without spending all afternoon in the kitchen.