Today’s family friendly recipe comes courtesy of our pantry. I wanted to bake some muffins for the kids but had no idea what kind. I peeked in the pantry and found a can of pumpkin from goodness knows when (it wasn’t expired, so I was happy) and some butterscotch chips and inspiration was born. We have made pumpkin muffins in the past and I thought butterscotch would go perfectly in them. The butterscotch flavored pumpkin muffins were delicious! They are a hearty muffin and they make a great breakfast or snack.
This post contains affiliate links.
This pumpkin muffin recipe is great for kids to help with!
My daughter was not a fan of the smell of pumpkin. I assured her she would love the muffins.
As you can see kids can help with virtually all the steps!
Mix, mix, mix!
Adding in the yummy butterscotch chips.
Fill greased muffin tins 3/4 full and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until a toothpick poked in the center comes out dry.
Let muffins cool and serve while still warm so the butterscotch is nice and gooey. If you really want to be decadent, spread some real butter on these.
We hope you enjoyed our these easy pumpkin muffins. Try one for breakfast with a side of fruit. Yum!
Butterscotch Pumpkin Muffins - Food Fun Friday
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 21 large muffins
Adding butterscotch to pumpkin muffins makes them extra yummy!
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoon salt (not pictured)
- ½ cup of apple sauce
- 15 oz can of pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- ½ cup of water
- 1 cup of raisins
- ½ cup of butterscotch chips
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, canned pumpkin, eggs, apple sauce and water. Mix until blended.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the pumpkin and stir to moisten.
- Stir in raisins and butterscotch chips.
- Fill greased muffin tins ¾ full and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until a toothpick poked in the center comes out dry.
If you liked our pumpkin muffin recipe, check out these other breakfast ideas:
Want more Mess?