We have made pumpkin muffins in the past and I thought butterscotch would go perfectly in them. The Butterscotch Pumpkin Muffins were delicious! They are hearty muffins and they make a great breakfast or snack.
⭐Why This Recipe Works
Kid Friendly - This pumpkin muffin recipe is great for kids to help with! Kids can help with virtually all the steps.
Flavors work together perfectly - The pumpkin and butterscotch chips go together beautifully in these pumpkin butterscotch muffins.
Versatile recipe - Enjoy these for breakfast or a tasty snack.
- Pumpkin pie spice - Adds that classic fall flavor.
- Apple sauce - Adds sweetness and moisture, while replacing some of the oil.
- Pumpkin - Use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
- Raisins - These pack a lot of flavor and add a great texture.
- Butterscotch chips - Provides a warm, sweet flavor to the muffins and pairs well with pumpkin.
📋Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in a large mixing bowl.
STEP 2: In another large bowl, combine sugar, canned pumpkin, eggs, apple sauce and water. Mix until blended.
STEP 3: Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the pumpkin batter and stir to moisten.
STEP 4: Stir in raisins and butterscotch chips.
STEP 5: Prepare muffin pan with cooking spray. Fill greased muffin tins ¾ full and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until a toothpick poked in the center comes out dry.
Let muffins cool and serve while still warm so the butterscotch is nice and gooey. If you really want to be decadent, spread some real butter on these.
We hope you enjoyed our these easy pumpkin muffins. Try one for breakfast with a side of fruit. Yum!
Tip 1: Use cupcake liners instead of greasing the muffin pan to ease clean up.
Tip 2: If you are a chocolate lover, substitute 1 cup of chocolate chips for the raisins.
Sure! You can add ¾ cup of chopped walnuts or chopped pecans.
Use a mini muffin pan instead and bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
You can store these butterscotch muffins in an airtight container for up to 4 days at room temperature.
🎃Related Pumpkin Recipes
🌟If you try this recipe, leave a star rating below or a review in the comment section. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get my latest recipes!
Butterscotch Pumpkin Muffins
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, canned pumpkin, eggs, apple sauce and water. Mix until blended.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the pumpkin and stir to moisten.
- Stir in raisins and butterscotch chips.
- Fill greased muffin tins ¾ full and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until a toothpick poked in the center comes out dry.
- For ease of cleanup, use cupcake liners instead of greasing the muffin pan.
- If you are a chocolate lover, substitute 1 cup of chocolate chips for the raisins.
- This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.