Pumpkin bread is one of my favorite things in the world. It's not just for fall either. I keep a few cans of pumpkin puree in my pantry at all times because I never know when the mood will strike. This Cranberry Pumpkin Bread Recipe can be made for the holidays or for any time of year. It is moist and sweet and the cranberries really add a nice zing. If you are a fan of pumpkin bread, you must try this variation!
Why you love this Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
- The spices give it an amazing fall flavor
- Makes a great breakfast or snack
- Moist and sweet bread with juicy cranberries
- can of pumpkin puree
- canola oil
- large eggs
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- ground cloves
- fresh cranberries
- pecan chips or smaller pieces of pecans
- Pam baking spray
How to make Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
Before you get started making this delicious cranberry pumpkin bread recipe, you'll want to preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray two 9 inch loaf pans with cooking spray. Set the loaf pans aside while you prepare the batter.
Beat together the pumpkin puree, canola oil, and eggs in a stand mixer until combined.
Using a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground cloves until combined.
Gradually mix in the flour mixture into the wet pumpkin mixture until combined.
Next, stir in the sliced cranberries and ¾ C of the pecan chips until everything has combined.
Evenly divide the batter between the two loaf pans.
Before you place the pans in the oven, sprinkle some whole cranberries and the remaining pecan chips onto the top of the batter.
Place into the cranberry pumpkin bread in the oven and bake for 60-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Remove the bread from the oven and allow the cranberry pumpkin bread to cool completely on a cooling rack. Slice and serve.
This Cranberry Pumpkin Bread Recipe is great to serve with a cup of coffee. It makes a wonderful dessert, though I have been known to have a slice for breakfast as well.
Cranberry Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray loaf pans with the baking spray, set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, beat together the pumpkin puree, canola oil, and eggs until combined
- Using a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground cloves until combined.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients into the wet until combined.
- Stir in the sliced cranberries and ¾ C of the pecan chips until combined.
- Evenly divide the batter between the two loaf pans.
- Sprinkle some whole cranberries and the remaining pecan chips onto the top of both pans.
- Place into the oven and bake for 60-75 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely once baked and enjoy!
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, walnuts work well in this cranberry bread. Feel free to substitute an equal amount.
You can store this in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. You can store covered in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Eat at Home Meal Plans
Have you heard about Eat At Home Meal Plans? If the cost of eating out or the decision of what to make for dinner each night is stressing you out, then you must try these. When you sign up, you get access to four separate meal plans each month (Traditional, Wholesome Traditional, Slow Cooker, and No Flour/No Sugar). All you do is print the plans, color-coded grocery lists, and recipes you want for that month. Don't worry, there are lots of options, so even picky eaters will find something they like.
Then when it is time for dinner, make that night’s recipe (choices include make-ahead, freezer meals, slow-cooker recipes, and other time-saving strategies).
That's it! Dinner is on the table and you can enjoy a home cooked meal with the family – without the stress!
We all have more important things to do than meal planning. Let someone else do it for you with Eat At Home Meal Plans. Monthly, quarterly and annual plans are available.