Once Thanksgiving is over, we always have a ton of leftovers. One thing I love to do with them is to make this easy Thanksgiving leftover sandwich. I paired some delicious sliced turkey with stuffing and cranberry sauce to make this Turkey, Stuffing and Cranberry Sauce Sandwich.
⭐Why This Recipe Works
- Putting the sandwich together is simple. It’s just lots of layers of turkey, some stuffing, and cranberry sauce between two slices of hearty bread.
- You can enjoy the flavors of Thanksgiving any time of the year with this leftover Thanksgiving sandwich.
- Hearty sandwich bread - You will want to use a thick slice of bread to hold all the filling.
- Turkey breast - If you don't have leftover turkey, turkey slices from the grocery store can be used.
- Stuffing - You can use leftover stuffing or make some from a box mix.
- Cranberries - You can make your own cranberry sauce or use store-bought refrigerated cranberry sauce.
📋Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1: Make cranberry sauce for sandwiches. Heat orange juice and granulated and brown sugar in a saucepan until the mixture simmers.
STEP 2: Add cranberries and allow to cook for 20 minutes until most of the cranberries have popped. The mixture will become thicker as it cools.
STEP 3: Set aside until ready to use.
STEP 4: Pile 6 slices of turkey on a slice of thick and hearty bread.
STEP 5: Top with ½ cup of stuffing (warm or cold, your choice).
STEP 6: Add ¼ cup of cranberry sauce on top of the stuffing.
STEP 7: Add a second slice of bread to the top.
Tip 1: For a more authentic Thanksgiving taste, add a little gravy on top of the turkey before adding the stuffing layer.
Tip 2: This recipe will make 2 Turkey, Stuffing and Cranberry Sauce Sandwiches. If you want more, just double the recipe.
This sandwich will not hold up well to refrigeration and you wouldn't want to leave it at room temperature. Only make this sandwich right before you are ready to eat it.
You can do either. I prefer it cold, but if you decide to make it warm, just warm up each component separately before assembling the sandwich.
Yes, if you haven't recently cooked a turkey, you can use turkey slices to make this sandwich.
🌟If you try this recipe, leave a star rating below or a review in the comment section. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get my latest recipes!
Turkey, Stuffing and Cranberry Sauce Sandwich
For cranberry sauce
- 4 oz cranberries fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup of orange juice
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 4 slices sandwich bread thick and hearty
- 12 slices turkey breast
- 1 cup stuffing
- ½ cup cranberry sauce
To make cranberry sauce
- Heat juice and sugars in a saucepan until the mixture simmers.
- Add your cranberries and allow to cook for 20 minutes. The mixture will become thicker as it cools.
To make sandwich
- Pile 6 slices of turkey on a slice of bread.
- Top with ½ cup stuffing and ¼ cup of cranberry sauce.
- Add a second slice of bread to the top and enjoy!
- For a more authentic Thanksgiving taste, add a little gravy on top of the turkey before adding the stuffing layer.
- This recipe will make 2 Turkey, Stuffing and Cranberry Sauce Sandwiches. If you want more, just double the recipe.
- This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.