This Crockpot Corn Casserole is one of my favorite side dishes. Depending on where you are from, you may know this easy corn casserole by the name of corn pudding. Whatever you call it, it is truly delicious! While this is a wonderful side to serve at Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter, it can be enjoyed anytime of the year. It would be much appreciated at any potluck you might attend. The best thing about this easy corn pudding, is that you make it in the slow cooker. If you are making a big holiday meal, you will love saving some precious oven space.
Why this Corn Casserole in the Crock Pot is awesome
- This comfort food is a crowd pleaser for the holiday season
- Makes a great side for turkey or BBQ
- Just 5 minutes of prep time for a side dish that is full of flavor with a hint of sweetness
- yellow corn
- cream corn
- sour cream
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- cornbread mix
How to make this crock pot corn casserole recipe
To make this corn recipe, add 1 can of drained corn and 1 can of cream style corn to a large bowl.
Next, add sugar, egg, sour cream, and melted butter to the bowl and stir.
Add a 6-7 oz package of cornbread mix to the rest of the ingredients.
Stir to incorporate the mix.
Next, add one cup of shredded cheddar cheese and mix everything together. You can use mild or sharp cheese, whatever you prefer or have on hand.
Spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray. Pour the corn pudding batter into the crock pot.
Place the lid on the slow cooker and set it to high. Cook for approximately 2 ½ hours or until the center has set.
Transfer the corn casserole to a serving bowl and serve hot. You'll love the creamy texture of this slow cooker corn casserole.
If you have leftovers, this tastes great heated up the next day. Whether you make it for Thanksgiving, Christmas dinner or any day, enjoy this yummy side dish.
You have more important things to do than meal plan. I let someone else meal plan for me with Eat At Home Meal Plans. Check out how much time you can save by using them!
Corn Casserole in the Crock Pot
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the corn casserole batter into the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and set to high. Slow cook for approximately 2 ½ hours, until the center has set.
- Transfer the corn casserole to a serving bowl and serve hot.
Cook time: 2 ½ hours
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Instead of sharp cheddar use pepper jack cheese. This gives the casserole a nice kick.