Everyone is talking about Olive Garden Crock Pot Chicken and with good reason. It is a simple slow cooker recipe that you can prep in 5 minutes and enjoy a few hours later. If that isn't enough, it combines the deliciousness of Olive Garden salad dressing with the creamy flavor of cream cheese. It is certainly one the of the Best Crock Pot Chicken Recipes we have ever made!
Why you need to make this Olive Garden dressing chicken recipe
- Prep time - Just 5 minutes prep time!
- Easy - 5 ingredients (minus salt and pepper to taste)
- Family favorite - even the pickiest eaters will love Olive Garden slow cooker chicken
- Chicken breast - skinless, boneless and fresh or defrosted
- Olive Garden dressing - you can use the light version which tastes just as good
- Cream cheese - Adds a creaminess to the sauce
- Parmesan cheese - Whatever kind you prefer, fresh, packaged...
- Pasta - I used a penne pasta, but any of your favorite short pastas would work as well.
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make chicken with Olive Garden dressing and cream cheese
Place the boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the crock pot and pour an entire bottle of Olive Garden salad dressing over the chicken breasts.
Add the Parmesan cheese to the crock pot.
Add the block of cream cheese to the slow cooker. You don't need to cut it as the heat from cooking will cause it to melt.
Cook on low for 6 hours.
With about 15 minutes left in the crock pot cook time, it's is time to cook your pasta on the stove. Cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside when done.
When the cook time in the crock pot is done, stir to break up the cream cheese and create the sauce.
Shred the chicken in the crock pot. You can use two forks, to shred the chicken, but it is much easier when you use these shredding claws. The chicken shreds with very little effort and your hands don't hurt afterward.
Add the cooked pasta to the slow cooker and top with the remainder of the Parmesan cheese.
Mix to combine until all the chicken and pasta is coated in the sauce.
Serve and enjoy!
The sauce in this dish has a slight tangy flavor that is irresistible!
I made this dish about 45 minutes before my family was ready to eat and kept on the keep warm mode of the crock pot. It was perfect!
You can serve Olive Garden chicken pasta with a side salad or some bread sticks (for a true Olive Garden experience) or garlic bread.
Olive Garden Crock Pot Chicken
- Place the boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the crock pot and pour the entire bottle of Olive Garden salad dressing over the chicken breasts.
- Add the ½ grated Parmesan cheese to the crock pot.
- Add the block of cream cheese to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- With about 15 minutes left in the crock pot cook time, cook your pasta on the stove. Drain and set aside when done.
- When the cook time is done, stir to break up the cream cheese and create the sauce.
- Shred the chicken in the crock pot. You can use two forks, to shred the chicken.
- Add the cooked pasta to the slow cooker and top with the ¼ cup remainder of the Parmesan cheese.
- Mix to combine.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, you can. 4 hours on high, 6 hours on low.
I am not of fan of using frozen chicken in the crock pot because of food temperature issues. It is much safer to use chicken that is defrosted or fresh when using the crock pot.
You can store this Olive Garden chicken and pasta in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-5 days.
Any kind of shorter pasta will work - ziti, spiral, butterfly, shells. It all depends on what you have in your pantry.
Yes, you can make it and serve it over a bed of rice or some other side, but you will have more sauce left over than if you added pasta.
Looking for quality meat delivered to your door?
Butcher Box brings you the healthiest, highest quality meat while causing as little harm as they can to the environment. They work directly with a group of family farms to get you the best meat out there. They deliver 100% grass-fed beef; free-range organic chicken; heritage-breed pork, wild-caught seafood, and more directly to your door. You choose your box and delivery frequency and get free shipping.
You could go around town looking for the best deal, but the quality of the meats and the sourcing won’t be the same. Check it out here and see if it’s for you!