There is something about the cooler days that make me want to get into the kitchen and bake. One of my favorite things to bake are loaves of sweet bread. In the past, we have made Instant Pot Banana Bread and Cranberry Pumpkin Bread. Today I am sharing a delicious recipe for Sweet Potato Bread with Pecans. If you love sweet potatoes, then you have to try this moist and tender bread. You can also use this recipe to make muffins. Either way, you can't lose! If you are looking for more yummy bread recipes, check out our Gingerbread Loaf. It is full of flavor!
Why this sweet potato bread recipe is amazing
- Canned sweet potatoes make this quick bread super easy - no peeling!
- One of my favorite side dishes for fall
- Moist and tender bread with wonderful texture thanks to the pecans
- canned sweet potatoes
- granulated sugar
- vegetable oil
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- pumpkin pie spice
- baking powder
- chopped pecans
How to Make Sweet Potato Bread
Before you make this quick bread recipe, you'll want to preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then prepare a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
Add the sweet potatoes and the reserved sweet potato liquid to a medium bowl. Mash the sweet potatoes using a potato masher.
Add sugar, water, oil and eggs to the mashed sweet potatoes mixture. Mix well.
Slowly add the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spices) to the batter. Stir to thoroughly mix all the ingredients.
Add most of the chunks of pecans to the batter and stir to mix. You'll want to save a small amount of the pecans to sprinkle on top of the bread before putting it in the oven.
Grease a loaf pan. Pour the bread batter into the bread pan and sprinkle with the remaining pecans.
Bake the sweet potato bread with pecans at 350 degrees for 70 minutes in a loaf pan or baking dish. After that time, insert a toothpick in the center to make sure the bread is done. If the bread is done, the toothpick will come out clean.
Remove the bread from the oven. Allow it to cool for 15 minutes while it is still in the pan. Remove the bread from the loaf pan and place it on a wire rack to cool completely.
Slice the bread and serve while warm with butter.
You'll love the nutty flavor in this moist and filling sweet potato bread. It is perfect to make for Thanksgiving or any day.
Sweet Potato Bread with Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep bread pan with baking spray and set aside.
- Add the sweet potatoes and the reserved sweet potato liquid in a large bowl. Mash the sweet potatoes.
- Add sugar, water, oil and eggs to the mashed sweet potatoes. Mix well.
- Slowly add the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spices. Stir to mix well.
- Add most of the chopped pecans, stirring to mix. Save a little of the pecans to top the batter once it is in the loaf pan.
- Pour the bread batter into the bread pan and add the rest of the pecans to the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 70 minutes. (Insert a toothpick in the center to make sure the bread is done. The toothpick should come out clean,)
- Remove from the oven. Allow to cool for 15 minutes while still in the pan.
- Turn out the bread on a wire rack to cool completely.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
You can make your own pumpkin pie spice with the following ingredients: cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves, and nutmeg. Here is an easy recipe for homemade pumpkin pie spice.
Of course! Simply, peel and bowl the sweet potatoes and mash them. Use 15 oz of sweet potatoes in this recipe.
You can keep this bread on the counter for 3-4 days in an airtight container. You can also slice the bread and wrap well in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 3 months.
How to make meal planning a breeze
Have you heard about Eat At Home Meal Plans? If the cost of eating out or the decision of what to make for dinner each night is stressing you out, then you must try these. When you sign up, you get access to four separate meal plans each month (Traditional, Wholesome Traditional, Slow Cooker, and No Flour/No Sugar). All you do is print the plans, color-coded grocery lists, and recipes you want for that month. Don't worry, there are lots of options, so even picky eaters will find something they like.
Then when it is time for dinner, make that night’s recipe (choices include make-ahead, freezer meals, slow-cooker recipes, and other time-saving strategies).
That's it! Dinner is on the table and you can enjoy a home cooked meal with the family – without the stress!
We all have more important things to do than meal planning. Let someone else do it for you with Eat At Home Meal Plans. Monthly, quarterly and annual plans are available.