This Zucchini Pecan Bread is a perfect recipe to make with kids. Kids like to help out in the kitchen and they will really enjoy the taste of this sweet and good-for-you bread. Plus, they will be getting some more veggies in their diet, which is never a bad thing. If you've made plain zucchini bread in the past, the addition of pecans really takes it to the next level. You must try this easy and delicious recipe! Be sure to also try our delicious Peach Bread Recipe and our Zucchini Pumpkin Bread.
Why you need to make zucchini bread with pecans
- A great way to use fresh zucchini
- Moist and tender thanks to the zucchini
- You can add chocolate chips for some extra sweetness, but amazing on it's own.
• White sugar
• Olive oil
• Shredded zucchini
• Baking soda
• Baking powder
• Pecans, chopped
How to make zucchini bread with pecans
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together sugar, eggs, vanilla and oil.
Next, add baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon to the bowl and blend thoroughly.
Now it is time to add the shredded zucchini and chopped pecans into the mixture. Be sure to mix these in well so they are evenly distributed throughout the bread.
Now add the flour and mix until thoroughly blended.
Spray cooking spray on the pans and pour half of the batter into each pan.
Bake the Zucchini Pecan Bread at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes. Use a cake tester or toothpick to test for doneness. Bread is ready when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Place bread pans on a wire rack until they have cooled, approximately 15 minutes. Slide a knife around the edges of the pan to release the bread. Flip the pan upside down carefully over your hand or a bread board.
Serve this pecan zucchini bread warm and store it in a sealed container for up tp 3 days. Recipe can be doubled and tripled for freezer prep. To thaw, just remove from the freezer and set on the counter. Slice bread and pop in the toaster for a warm treat.
Zucchini Pecan Bread Recipe
- loaf pan
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, eggs, vanilla and oil.
- Add in baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and blend thoroughly.
- Next combine shredded zucchini into the mixture and mix in chopped pecans as well.
- Add flour and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Oil and flour pans to prevent bread from sticking to the sides.
- Bake 350° for 45-50 minutes. Use a cake tester or toothpick to test for doneness. Bread is ready when tester or toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Sit on wire rack until cooled, approximately 15 minutes. Slide a knife around the edges of the pan to release bread. Flip pan upside down carefully over your hand or a bread board.
- Serve warm and store in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
- Recipe can be doubled and tripled for freezer prep. To thaw, just remove from the freezer and set on the counter. Slice bread and pop in the toaster for a warm treat.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
For zucchini muffins, bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
I have made these with walnuts and they are every bit as delicious!
Do something for yourself
After you bake up this delicious bread with your kids, you may want to spend a little time doing something for yourself. Why not engage in self care and get some much needed relaxation with Annie's Creative Woman Kit of the Month Club.? You get inspiration in a box each month as you experience crafts like painting, needlecrafts, beading, candle and soap making, mixed-media crafts and a whole lot more! You get everything you need to start creating gorgeous, handmade, full-of-meaning treasures every month—for yourself and the people you care about. Get your creative juices flowing and get your kit today!