Pumpkin bread is one of our favorite things to bake this time of year and it gets even better when you add healthy zucchini to it. The zucchini helps keep the bread moist, plus it's a good way to get some extra veggies in. This recipe for Zucchini Pumpkin Bread makes a great breakfast or snack. Serve it with a steaming cup of coffee or tea and enjoy! For a little variation, try our Zucchini Pecan Bread.
Why you need to make this zucchini pumpkin bread
- Great way to use a bumper crop of zucchini, especially if you have been asking, "what do I do with all this zucchini"
- Chocolate chips make it feel like a decadent treat
- Easy to switch things up - add walnuts, a glaze, raisins...
- all-purpose flour
- pumpkin pie spice
- large eggs
- white sugar
- vegetable oil
- canned pumpkin
- grated zucchini
- chocolate chips
How to make zucchini bread with pumpkin
Start out by preheating the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray 2 bread loaf pans with cooking spray. I love these 8x4 inch bread pans.
In a large bowl, sift together flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
Beat together eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, pumpkin, and vanilla in a second bowl until mixed.
Pour wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
Gently fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
Divide batter between the two greased bread pans.
Bake in a 325 degree oven until the middle is fully cooked, about 50 minutes. Test by inserting a toothpick in the center of the bread. If it comes out clean, the bread is ready.
Remove from oven and let the pumpkin and zucchini bread cool before removing them from the pans.
You can serve this bread as is or with some butter or cream cheese.
You can see why this quick bread is one of my favorite zucchini pumpkin recipes. It is perfect to enjoy this fall as you curl up with a hot cup of tea and a good book.
Pumpkin Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray two 8x4 inch bread pans with cooking spray.
- Wash and dry zucchini and peel. Grate the zucchini until you have 2 cups.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Beat together eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, pumpkin, and vanilla in a second bowl until mixed.
- Pour wet ingredients into the flour bowl and mix until combined.
- Gently fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Divide batter between the two greased bread pans.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven until the middle is fully cooked about 50 minutes. Test by inserting a toothpick in the center of the bread. If it comes out clean, the bread is ready.
- Remove from oven and let cool before removing them from the pans.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
In my experience, I have found that 2 average sized zucchini will be enough for this recipe.
Yes you can! This bread freezes well for up to 3 months. After the bread has cooled, wrap it in at least 2 layers of saran wrap before freezing. When you want to use it, let it thaw for 3 hours before serving.
To make gluten free zucchini and pumpkin bread, swap out the 3 cups of all purpose flour for 1 ½ cups of rice flour and 1 ½ cups of gluten free flour.