My kids love banana bread. My favorite thing about it is that I can use those quickly-going-bad bananas that are sitting on my counter. It makes me feel like I purposely forgot to eat the bananas just so we can make yummy banana bread. In the past we have made Cranberry Banana Bread, but today we are taking it up a notch by adding Nutella to create Chocolate Banana Bread.
This post contains affiliate links, so if you buy a linked item I get a small commission. For more information please read my disclosure.
Chocolate Banana Bread
I used my favorite banana bread recipe as a base for this chocolate banana bread. After I mixed up the banana bread recipe, I simply layered it along with some Nutella in a loaf pan.
It is easy to swirl the Nutella with a knife and make a pretty design. This is especially nice to do on the top layer of the chocolate banana bread.
How pretty does this look after baking?
This chocolate banana bread just fills the house with the most delicious aromas.
When you slice into the bread, you can see a tasty ribbon of chocolate. If you have ever enjoyed a chocolate covered banana, this bread has a similar flavor.
The chocolate banana bread comes out perfectly browned on top and oh-so-moist on the inside. Just like banana bread should be!
My family loves to enjoy this bread when it is warm and fresh from the oven. You can store the rest on the counter for a few days, but ours never lasts that long.
If you have extra leftovers, you can also freeze the slices and defrost them to enjoy with a nice hot cup of coffee.
This is an easy recipe to make with kids. If you love cooking with your kids, you’ll enjoy kidstir. When you sign up for kidstir your child will receive a monthly kit that will provide fun food adventures for them. You’ll get tasty recipes and fun new cooking tools that will spark a love of cooking in kids. This is such a great way to create memories with kids in the kitchen.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- ¾ cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another large bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
- Mix in eggs and mashed bananas until well combined.
- Add banana mixture into flour mixture and stir until moistened, being careful not to over stir.
- Pour ½ of the batter into the loaf pan.
- Warm Nutella in the microwave for 10-15 seconds or until it softens.
- Stir the heated Nutella and pour half of it to the batter in the loaf pan. Use a knife to swirl the Nutella.
- Pour the rest of the banana bread batter over the Nutella swirl.
- Add the rest of the Nutella to the top of the banana bread batter and use a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes. If the top starts to get too dark, cover with foil while cooking.
If you liked this Chocolate Banana Bread recipe, you’ll love:
Want more Mess?
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, and Instagram