You might think that cookies made with no flour, grains or sugar would be bland. Not so! These peanut butter flourless cookies still manage to taste good while being good for you. This peanut butter cookie recipe is simple, quick, and perfect for a vegan diet. Plus, you only need one bowl to make it which eliminates a big cleanup. These moist and tender peanut butter cookies make a healthy snack or dessert. Enjoy!
Why you need to try these peanut butter banana cookies
- These flourless peanut butter cookies are a great source of fiber
- They are dairy-free, vegan and gluten-free
- They are very versatile - you can add many things to the basic recipe to change things up
How to make peanut butter banana oatmeal cookies
Mash the two bananas in a medium bowl with a fork. If you have a child, this is a fun step for them to help with.
Add oats, peanut butter, raisins, cinnamon, chia seeds and two packets of Stevia to the bowl with the ripe bananas.
Stir the ingredients together to make the cookie dough. Make sure the dough is well mixed.
I used a cookie scoop for this step as it allows me to the get even cookie sizes without getting my hands dirty.
As you can see, you can get quite a few cookies on the baking sheet since the cookies don't spread out while cooking.
Bake for 17 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
Remove from the oven and place on a baking rack to cool.
These cookies have a wonderful peanut butter flavor. Do they taste like cookies made with flour? No, but they are a tasty, filling and healthy snack with just a hint of sweetness.
Peanut Butter Flourless Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash the two bananas in a medium bowl with a fork.
- Add oats, peanut butter, raisins, cinnamon, chia seeds and two packets of Stevia to the bowl with the ripe bananas.
- Stir the ingredients together to make the cookie dough.
- Spray cookie spray on a cooking sheet or cover in parchment paper.
- Drop rounded scoops of dough onto the cookie sheet. I used a medium cookie scoop for this step.
- Bake for 17 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Remove from the oven and place on a baking rack to cool.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
If you are looking for a bit more sweetness, add ½ cup of chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips.
You can make this cookie recipe with sunflower seed butter, almond butter or your favorite nut butter.
You can store them in an airtight container on the counter for 3 days. You can also store them in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Want quality, affordable meat delivered to your door?
Butcher Box brings you the healthiest, highest quality meat while causing as little harm as they can to the environment. They work directly with a group of family farms to get you the best meat out there. They deliver 100% grass-fed beef; free-range organic chicken; heritage-breed pork, wild-caught seafood, and more directly to your door. You choose your box and delivery frequency and get free shipping.
You could go around town looking for the best deal, but the quality of the meats and the sourcing won’t be the same. Check it out here and see if it’s for you!