There is just something so refreshing about a citrus treat! Lemon and lime are cool summer flavors and these bars combine the two to make the perfect summer dessert! This is an excellent sweet to fix for the family or to share at a picnic or cook out. The fact that this recipe is gluten free makes them even better! Try these Gluten Free Lemon Lime Bars today and be sure to check out our 17 Easy Gluten Free Breakfasts.
GLUTEN FREE LEMON LIME BARS
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE BARS?
• almond flour
• powdered sugar
• cold butter, cut up
• white sugar
• half and half
• lemon zest
• lime zest
• lime juice
• lemon juice
• green food coloring *optional
• additional lemon and lime zest for topping
HOW TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE LEMON LIME BARS
Gather your ingredients and create this gluten free goodness!
Start the process by preheating the oven to 350°.
Next, combine the flour, powdered sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
Cut in butter until it is nice and crumbly. A pastry cutter like this make things easy.
Press dough firmly into the parchment lined pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
While that is baking, whisk eggs, sugar, half and half, and flour.
Divide that mixture into 2 bowls.
Add lemon zest and lemon juice into one bowl and lime juice and food coloring into the other. This zester makes it simple.
Pour the bright lemon mixture over the hot crust. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set.
Remove and then carefully pour the vibrant lime mixture over the lemon layer and bake 10-12 minutes or until set.
Cool completely on a wire rack then use the parchment paper to lift from the pan - it’s so easy! Cut into bars.
Sift the powdered sugar over the top and sprinkle the remaining lemon and lime zest.
Store in the refrigerator.
Enjoy this tart, sweet treat!
Gluten Free Lemon Lime Bars
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup cold butter cut up
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- ⅓ cup half and half
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 drop green food color *optional
- additional lemon and lime zest for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line pan with parchment paper.
- Combine 2 cups flour, 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Cut in butter until it is crumbly.
- Press dough firmly into parchment lined pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, half and half, and 3 tbsp flour.
- Divide into 2 bowls.
- Add 1 tsp lemon zest and lemon juice into one bowl and lime juice and food coloring into the other.
- Pour lemon mixture over hot crust. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set.
- Carefully pour lime mixture over lemon and bake 10-12 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Use parchment paper to lift from pan. Cut into bars.
- Sift powdered sugar over top and sprinkle remaining lemon and lime zest.
- Store in the refrigerator.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
EAT AT HOME MEAL PLANS
Have you tried meal planning? While I love the results of not having to worry what's for dinner, it can be time consuming. But when you sign up for Eat At Home Meal Plans you get access to 4 separate meal plans each month (Traditional, Wholesome Traditional, Slow Cooker, and No Flour/No Sugar). Just print the plans, color-coded grocery lists, and recipes you want for the month. Don't worry, with so many options, even picky eaters will find something they love.
When dinner time rolls around, make that night’s recipe (choices include make-ahead, freezer meals, slow-cooker recipes, and other time-saving strategies) and you are ready to go.
You are a busy mama and I know you have more important things to do than meal planning. Let someone else do it for you with Eat At Home Meal Plans. Monthly, quarterly and annual plans are available.
If you liked these Gluten Free Lemon Lime Bars, you'll love: