Are you going to a summer get together but don't know what to bring? Who has time to make a fancy dessert or cook an entire meal? I know I don't. That is why I love this easy Key Lime Cheesecake Dip. You can whip it together pretty quickly and serve it along with some red, juicy strawberries. I love key lime pie and this has all the great flavors you'd find in a pie, but with a lot less work. So, next time you have to bring something to a BBQ or pot luck, gather up some limes and try this key lime fruit dip.
Why you'll love these key lime pie cheesecake dip
- Easy no bake dessert means no oven!
- Perfect for hot summer days
- Creamy and smooth and perfect for dipping fruit
- cream cheese
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- key lime juice
- lime zest
- Green food coloring (optional)
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Lime slices
How to make Key Lime Dip
To make this key lime pie dip, you will need to juice and zest limes. You can also use bottled lime juice.
In a large bowl, mix the softened cream cheese, sugar, milk and vanilla with an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer on medium speed. Beat until smooth and creamy.
Mix in the lime juice and green food coloring (if you want the key lime dip to have a green tint) and stir well to incorporate.
Fold in 1 Tablespoon of lime zest. You will be storing the remaining lime zest to use as a garnish right before serving. Cover the key lime cheesecake dip and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Place the dip into a serving bowl. Before serving, sprinkle with remaining lime zest, graham cracker crumbs or a lime slice.
This key lime cheesecake dip is yummy with fresh strawberries or other fresh fruit. You can also serve it with pretzels or cookies like wafers or graham crackers. This is a great dish to serve at picnics or bring to potlucks.
I hope this hasn't taken the stress out of the being invited to a gathering and not knowing what to bring. This easy dip recipe is sure to be a favorite! I am also a big fan of this yummy Caramel Cheesecake Dip from Happiness is Homemade.
Key Lime Cheesecake Dip
- 16 oz cream cheese - softened 2 packages of cream cheese
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons lime zest from 2 limes
- Optional - Green food coloring
- 2 Tablespoons Graham cracker crumbs for garnish
- Lime slices for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, add the softened cream cheese, sugar, milk and vanilla. With an electric mixer, beat until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the lime juice and green food coloring (optional) and stir well to incorporate.
- Fold in 1 Tablespoon of lime zest (cover and store the remaining lime zest for use right before serving).
- Cover the dip and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Before serving, sprinkle with remaining lime zest, graham cracker crumbs and/or a lime slice.
- Serve with fresh strawberries, pretzels or cookies. ENJOY!!
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
You can store this easy dip covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Cover bowl beforehand with plastic wrap.
If the ingredients you are using are cold, it does not need to be refrigerated. But if you are making this ahead of time, you'll want to keep it in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
You can order Key lime juice from the link provided below. In a pinch you can use regular limes and lime juice.
Leave a Reply