I have been following Weight Watchers since this summer and have lost 20 pounds. I have a few more pounds to lose before I hit my goal weight. I am loving the freedom that the new Weight Watchers Freestyle plan provides me. Over 200 foods are zero points and many of these zero point foods can be combined to make some delicious recipes like this Two Ingredient Dough Calzone. Today I am sharing a recipe for a delicious One Point Cheesecake. Yup, one point per generous slice! It is probably not even that much since the entire cake is 4 points, but I call it 1 point for a slice just to be on the safe side. If you are on any type of Weight Watchers message board, then you have probably been seeing some form of this cheesecake. I have been finding it everywhere, but tracking down the origins is another thing altogether. I have seen a few people mention that it originated with the Instagram account wwpounddropper. It is hard for me to figure out, since it is truly everywhere, but she has some wonderful Weight Watchers friendly recipes, so I would give her a follow.
One Point Cheesecake
What makes this cheesecake so good for you points-wise, is the fact that it is made with eggs and fat free Greek yogurt. When combined with Sugar Free Jello Cheesecake pudding mix, you have a tasty treat that comes pretty close to the real thing. You may be wondering if this tastes exactly like normal cheesecake. According to my Weight Watchers app, plain cheesecake has 18 points. This cheesecake has one point per slice and that is rounding up. So it doesn’t taste exactly like cheesecake, but it is pretty darn close, and it is creamy and delicious.
When I make my version of one point cheesecake, I beat 3 eggs with 6 packets of sweetener (stevia) and 1 tablespoon of vanilla in a large bowl. One tablespoon of vanilla is 1 point.
I then add 3 cups of fat free Greek Yogurt and 1 box of Jello Sugar Free pudding mix in Cheesecake flavor. The entire box of pudding mix is just 3 points. I beat all the ingredients until they are well blended. I find a hand mixer to be perfect for this job since you want all of the ingredients to be well blended and creamy.
Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees until firm. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before moving to the refrigerator to cool for at least 3 hours. I found that it tastes best when cooled overnight.
I typically get between 6-8 slices of cheesecake from this, depending on how big I make the slices. It adds up to a point a slice either way, since the entire cake is 4 points. You can slice up the cake and serve as is, or personalize it in any way you wish.
My favorite topping for this one point cheesecake is strawberries. To add a colorful and tasty strawberry topping, simply clean and cut up a pint of strawberries. Add them to a saucepan along with 2 packets of sweetener and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Cook on medium heat until the strawberries start to reduce and a syrup starts to form. You will still have large chunks of strawberries left over. Remove mixture from heat and let cool.
Take 1/4 cup of the strawberry mix and blend in a blender. I used my Magic Bullet and it took less than a minute. Then drizzle over individual slices of cheesecake. This topping adds a lot of flavor, but no additional points.
You can also add some chunks of strawberries on top of the syrup.
The fresh strawberries really take this cheesecake up a notch. Try it yourself any time you have a cheesecake craving but want to stay on program.
One Point Cheesecake - Weight Watchers Friendly
This One Point Cheesecake is delicious and creamy and just one point per slice. Only 4 points for the entire cake on the Weight Watchers Freestyle plan.
- For cheesecake
- 3 eggs
- 6 packets of sweetener stevia
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups of fat free Greek Yogurt
- 1 box of Jello Sugar Free pudding mix in Cheesecake flavor
- For strawberry topping:
- 1 pint strawberries cleaned and cut
- 2 packets of sweetener stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees,
- Beat 3 eggs with 6 packets of sweetener (stevia) and 1 tablespoon of vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add 3 cups of fat free Greek Yogurt and 1 box of Jello Sugar Free pudding mix in Cheesecake flavor.
- Beat all the ingredients until they are well blended.
- Scoop the cheesecake batter into a greased pan.Spread the batter around, trying to make it as even as possible.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees until firm.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before moving to the refrigerator to cool for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- To make the strawberry topping, clean and cut up a pint of strawberries.
- Add strawberries to a saucepan along with 2 packets of sweetener and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Cook on medium heat until the strawberries start to reduce and a syrup starts to form. You will still have large chunks of strawberries left over.
- Remove mixture from heat and let cool.
- Take 1/4 cup of the strawberry mix and blend in a blender. Then drizzle over individual slices of cheesecake.
My kids loved helping me make this one point cheesecake. If your kids also like to help in the kitchen, you’ll enjoy kidstir. When you sign up for kidstir your child will receive a monthly kit that will provide fun food adventures for them. You’ll get tasty recipes and fun new cooking tools that will spark a love of cooking in kids. This is such a great way to create memories with kids in the kitchen.
If you liked this one point cheesecake, you’ll love these other weight watchers friendly foods: