Being from an Italian family on the east coast, I love a good calzone. I was practically raised on this doughy, cheese filled treat. I am currently following the Weight Watchers Freestyle plan and I love how it gives me the flexibility to eat a ton of my favorite foods, like calzones. Lately, the people in my weight watchers meeting have been raving about 2 Ingredient Dough. I have used it to make everything from bagels to pretzels to pizza dough. Today I am sharing how to make a 2 Ingredient Dough Calzone using that same dough recipe. This large and delicious calzone is very filling and is 8 freestyle points. Try it and see why it is worth every point!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. In addition, we participate in affiliate/referral programs whereby we link to products we believe in. If you click on the link and make a purchase we receive a small percentage commission. Read the full disclosure here.
2 Ingredient Dough Calzone
The unexpected ingredient in this 2 Ingredient Dough Calzone is fat free Greek yogurt. Fat free Greek yogurt is 0 points on the Weight Watchers Freestyle plan. Don’t worry, you can’t taste the yogurt at all. My favorite yogurt to use is Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt.
The second ingredient in 2 Ingredient Dough is self rising flour. You can buy it pre-made or make it yourself. I share an easy self rising flour recipe here.
To make a large calzone, combine 1/2 cup of self rising flour and 1/2 cup of Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt in a bowl until a dough starts to form. The dough will be sticky.
Knead the dough on a floured surface and use a rolling pin to roll into a 6 inch circle.
Scoop 1/4 cup of 1 point pasta sauce on half of the circle, avoiding the edge as you will be folding and sealing the dough on this part. Add 1/8 cup of mozzarella on top of the sauce. I used Kirkland Signature low moisture part skim shredded mozzarella which I found at Costco. It is 1 point for an 1/8 of a cup. If you use a different mozzarella or more of it, please adjust points accordingly.
Fold over the dough and press to seal the edges. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle on Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
Bake and enjoy!
Cut it open to reveal the saucy, cheesy goodness.
This 2 Ingredient Dough Calzone makes a great lunch or dinner with a side of veggies. You can also serve with a side of marinara sauce for dipping. Just be sure to count the extra points if you do.
- ½ cup self rising flour (6 points)
- ½ cup Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt (0 Points)
- ¼ cup pasta sauce (1 point)
- ⅛ cup shredded part skim mozzarella (1 point)
- Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine ½ cup of self rising flour and ½ cup of Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt in a bowl until a dough starts to form.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface.
- Roll dough into a 6 inch circle.
- Scoop ¼ cup of 1 point pasta sauce on half of the circle, avoiding the edge as you will be folding and sealing the dough on this part.
- Add ⅛ cup of 1 point shredded mozzarella on top of the sauce.
- Fold over the dough and press to seal the edges.
- Spray top with cooking spray and sprinkle on Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake on greased pan at 350 degrees for 22 minutes and then raise temperature to 500 degrees for 2 minutes.
My kids loved this calzone and helped me make it. If your kids also like to help in the kitchen, you’ll enjoy kidstir. When you sign up for kidstir your child will receive a monthly kit that will provide fun food adventures for them. You’ll get tasty recipes and fun new cooking tools that will spark a love of cooking in kids. This is such a great way to create memories with kids in the kitchen.
If you liked this 2 Ingredient Dough Calzone, you’ll love these other weight watchers friendly foods: