Living in California, we have already been experiencing summer weather. We have been enjoying some of our favorite summer activities like swimming, biking and BBQs. Recently, I went to a BBQ and was asked to bring a dessert. Since everyone I know loves cheesecake, I decided to make some cheesecake bars. Cheesecake bars are a lot less intimidating to make than an entire cheesecake, so they are a dessert I make often. This last time, I made them with less added sugar, but the same great taste. They were a big hit at the BBQ and I have already had requests to make them for the next cookout. I’m sharing SPLENDA® Sweetener Products in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™” #SplendaSweeties #SweetSwaps
I have used SPLENDA® Naturals products in the past when I baked up this Strawberry Bread Recipe. I like that SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener allows me to cook with less added sugar. It is a no-calorie sweetner made with stevia that tastes great and has no bitter aftertaste, which makes it perfect for the cheesecake filling in these bars.
SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener have no added flavors, colors, or artificial ingredients, making it a perfect swap for sugar. I simply substituted 12 packets of SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener for ½ cup sugar in the cheesecake filling.
My kids love to help me mix up the ingredients for these cheesecake bars. This is a fun recipe for little ones to help with as they can press the crust into the pan with their hands. Just make sure their hands are clean first! My kids also love to watch the cheesecake filling ingredients get combined in the mixer.
Once we were done mixing and baking the cheesecake bars, I let them cool and stored them in my refrigerator overnight. The next day, I brought the cheesecake bars, a container of thawed whipped topping, and some strawberries with me to the BBQ. We made these bars in an 8 x 8 pan and you can slice them into 9 or 12 pieces depending on how big you like your bars and how many people you need to serve. Before cutting up the cheesecake bars, I topped the pan off with a layer of whipped topping. Then I cut the bars and added a juicy, fresh strawberry to each one.
Let me tell you, these bars went quick. Before I knew it, only crumbs remained. The cheesecakes bars were so popular because they were not as large or dense as a piece of normal cheesecake, but they still hit on all the flavors that cheesecake fans love.
Bringing a dessert to a summer cookout doesn't need to be a complicated process. Sometimes simple and uncomplicated is best. I must warn you though, if you make these once, you will be asked to make them again.
Cheesecake Bars made with Splenda
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 eight oz packages of cream cheese softened
- 12 packets of SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener substitution for ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 container of thawed whipped topping
- 9-12 strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8x8 pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter.
- Using your fingers, press the mixture into the bottom of the pan to form the crust.
- Using a stand or electric mixer, cream together the cream cheese, SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth.
- Add in the eggs and mix until combined.
- Pour this mixture over the crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Before serving, cover the bars with a layer of whipped topping.
- Cut the bars and top each with a strawberry.
To learn more about SweetSwaps you can make when preparing food for your next BBQ, check out SPLENDA® Naturals for information and recipes.