Do your kids love store bought granola bars, but you don't want them having all those preservatives? I hear you! I mean store bought granola bars are certainly a convenience, but sometimes we like to make our own just to switch things up. Don't forget to check out these No Bake Energy Bites and our Rice Krispie Treat Pops.
Why you need to make this no bake granola bar recipe
My kids love to help out in the kitchen and since this granola bar recipe doesn't use an oven, it is perfect for them to make on their own, with supervision. You'll love how you can personalize these No Bake Granola Bars. The basic recipe can remain the same and you can switch up the mix-ins to get completely new flavor and taste combinations.
- creamy peanut butter
- quick oats
- Rice Krispie cereal
- Peanut butter chips
How to make No Bake Granola Bars
Before you make these no bake granola bars, you'll want to line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, wax paper or parchment paper. This will make clean up a breeze.
In a large bowl, mix together the oats and Rice Krispies cereal.
In a microwave safe bowl, mix together peanut butter and honey. Microwave for 30 second intervals until melted. Stir together until mixed.
Stir the vanilla into the peanut butter mixture and combine thoroughly.
Pour the peanut butter and honey mixture into the oat and Rice Krispie mixture. Fold over until well incorporated.
Now come my kids favorite part! Adding in the mix-ins! You can totally personalize these no bake granola bars, any way you wish. We added mini M&M’s and peanut butter chips.
You can also add:
- Butterscotch chips
- Chopped dehydrated apples
- Butterfinger pieces
- Toffee pieces
- Pretzel pieces
- Trail mix
- Dried fruit
- Sunflower seeds
- Flax seeds
- Shredded coconut
Once mixed, press your granola mixture into the foil lined baking dish.
Top with any extra toppings, pressing them into the granola.
Place in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours or until the texture has fully set.
Slice into bar shapes and enjoy!
Experiment with these granola bars. You can double the base recipe and divide it two and use different mix-ins for both. I love this recipe for summer since we don't have to put on the oven but get to enjoy some healthy snacks!
You can get this printable recipe card here.
No Bake Granola Bars
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 cup M&M's
- ½ cup Peanut butter chips
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, wax paper or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the oats and Rice Krispie cereal.
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix together peanut butter and honey. Microwave for 30 second intervals until melted. Stir together until mixed.
- Stir in the vanilla to the peanut butter mix.
- Pour the peanut butter and honey mixture into the oat and Rice Krispie mixture. Fold over until well incorporated.
- Add the M&Ms and mix.
- Once mixed, press your granola mixture into the foil lined pan.
- Top with any extra toppings, pressing them into the granola.
- Place in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours or until fully set. Slice into bar shapes and enjoy!
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutrition information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
You can store them at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days or in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
You can substitute almond butter or cashew butter in this recipe or use the nut butter of your choice.
You can use chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips, or dark chocolate chips
If you liked these no bake granola bars, you'll love these Cranberry Chocolate Granola Bars from Pint Sized Treasures.