WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE RICE KRISPIES TREAT POPS?
- butter or margarine
- mini marshmallows
- Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal
- popsicle sticks
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- white chocolate chips
- vegetable oil
HOW TO MAKE RICE KRISPIES TREAT POPS
- How did the treats look? 10's all around!
- How did they taste? 10's again.
- How fun was making the Rice Krispies Treat Pops? More 10's!
DO YOUR KIDS LOVE COOKING
I have long been a proponent of cooking with kids. There are so many things kids learn helping out in the kitchen. Math, reading, chemistry and cooperation and more are used while following a recipe.
Raddish is a monthly subscription box for kids that is a cooking club, culinary lesson, and mealtime solution all-in-one. Young children get to work with an adult, while older kids and teens independently indulge their culinary curiosity! And it's perfect for picky eaters — kids who cook, eat!
A new kit is delivered to your doorstep every month!
Each kit features a new culinary theme! You'll also get a shopping list emailed to you prior to delivery so you will be ready to cook. These kits are a great way for kids to develop new cooking skills and confidence in the kitchen while the entire family builds memories together. Find out more here.
Rice Krispies Treat Pops
- Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan and add 4 cups of mini marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows are melted.
- When the marshmallows are completely melted, remove pan from heat and add in 6 cups of Rice Krispies. Stir until the Rice Krispies are thoroughly coated.
- Press the mixture into a greased 13x9 pan. Use a spatula to flatten the mixture into the pan. Allow the mixture to cool.
- When the Rice Krispies Treats have cooled, cut into 16 equal pieces. Push an ice cream stick into each treat to make a Rice Krispies Treat pop.
- After cutting the pops, they will still have a rectangular shape. If you push the top corners down with your fingers you can make them rounded so they look more like an ice cream pop.
- To melt the chocolate for dipping - pour 1 cup of semisweet chips in a microwave safe bowl and mix with ½ tablespoon of vegetable oil. Microwave until melted. Repeat the process in another bowl with 1 cup of the white chocolate chips and ½ tablespoon of oil. Microwave until melted.
- Holding the treat by the stick, dip it into the melted chocolate. Dip some of your pops in the semi sweet chocolate and some in the white chocolate chips.
- Shake some sprinkles on top.
- Place the pops on some parchment or wax paper to cool.
If you enjoyed these Rice Krispies Treat Pops, you'll love: