Strawberry Breakfast Bars
Don't forget the crumb topping!
Strawberry Breakfast Bars - Food Fun Friday
- Crust and topping:
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup quick cook oats
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cubed butter
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Bar filling:
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 11 oz sliced strawberries
- ½ tablespoon orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9×9 pan with cooking spray.
- Pour flour, sugar and salt into a food processor and combine by pressing the pulse button a few times.
- Cut butter into cubes and add to the food processor.
- Press the pulse button until the butter has been incorporated into the crumb mixture. Add the oats and press to combine again. Remove ½ cup of the mixture and set aside to use for the topping.
- Add 1 tablespoon of orange juice to the food processor and to combine, press pulse a few times.
- Pour the mixture from the food processor into the greased 9×9 pan. Press it into the pan evenly.
- To make the filling, combine the brown sugar, flour and orange juice until moistened and then add the sliced strawberries. Mix until the strawberries are coated.
- Distribute the strawberries evenly onto the crust.
- Sprinkle crumb topping over the strawberries.
- Before you put this in the oven, spray the top with cooking spray. Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
TEACH YOUR KIDS TO COOK
I have long been a proponent of cooking with kids. There are so many things kids learn helping out in the kitchen. Math, reading, chemistry, cooperation and more are used while following a recipe.
Raddish is a monthly subscription box for kids that is a cooking club, culinary lesson, and mealtime solution all-in-one. Young children get to work with an adult, while older kids and teens independently indulge their culinary curiosity! And it’s perfect for picky eaters — kids who cook, eat!
A new kit is delivered to your doorstep every month!
Each kit features a new culinary theme! You’ll also get a shopping list emailed to you prior to delivery so you will be ready to cook. These kits are a great way for kids to develop new cooking skills and confidence in the kitchen while the entire family builds memories together. Find out more here.