Our family is addicted to graham crackers. Seriously, it’s a problem. We have boxes in our pantry and even the car. They are a quick go-to snack that my kids always enjoy. Recently, we ran out of graham crackers and my desperation led me to come up with my own take on Honey Graham Crackers. I must say, we have be thrilled with the results. They lack a little of the crunchiness you find in the boxed kind, but they make up for it with the subtle honey taste and a hint of cinnamon sugar. This is the new favorite snack at our place. Try them and see if you agree. If you like them, please try our Cheese Cracker Recipe and our other family friendly recipes.
Making the dough for these Honey Graham Crackers is actually pretty easy. It comes together quickly and does not require refrigeration,
I love the flavor the honey adds to these crackers. It doesn’t make them overly sweet, just delicious.
This recipe makes a pretty sticky dough, so you will need to roll it out on a well floured surface.
After I rolled out my dough, I used a pizza cutter to slice it into squares. Only then did I realize my cutter was warped and my squares looked kinda funky. Time for a new pizza cutter! I used a knife to cut the rest of the squares.
After 10 minutes they look like this!
These are a little chewier than your traditional out of the box graham crackers, but no less delicious.
My kids give them 5 out of 5 stars and two thumbs up. Talk about rave reviews! I feel great knowing I made this yummy snack for them from scratch.
Honey Graham Cracker Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup water
For cinnamon sugar topping:
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl.
3. In a large bowl cream together butter, brown sugar and vanilla.
4. Add honey and cinnamon to butter mixture and stir,
5. Slowly add the flour mixture and water to the butter mixture, alternating the flour and water.
6. Stir until a dough forms.
7. Roll dough in sections to 1/4 inch thickness. The dough will be sticky so dust with flour.
8. Cut into small squares and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
9. Mix white sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the crackers.
10. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
If you love cooking with your kids, you’ll enjoy kidstir. When you sign up for kidstir your child will receive a monthly kit that will provide fun food adventures for them. You’ll get tasty recipes and fun new cooking tools that will spark a love of cooking in kids. This is such a great way to create memories with kids in the kitchen.