Are you looking to cut carbs or eat healthier? Do you want to add some color and flavor to your meals? Look no further than Easy Spanish Cauliflower Rice! This low-carb, gluten-free side dish is not only delicious but it's also packed with nutrients. Best of all, it cooks up in about 15 minutes.
⭐Why This Recipe Works
- This Spanish cauliflower rice recipe is very versatile. You can add different spices and ingredients to make it your own.
- This vegetable dish makes the perfect side dish for a keto diet.
- This a yummy plant-based vegetarian and gluten-free recipe.
- Cauliflower easily absorbs the flavors of other ingredients.
- Garlic - Minced beforehand.
- Onion - Chopped. We used a white onion, but you can also use red onion.
- Cauliflower Rice - We used a 10 oz bag of frozen cauliflower rice. Using frozen cauliflower rice cuts down on prep time since you don't have to use a food processor to make the rice.
- Salt & Pepper - To Taste.
- RoTel Tomatoes and Green Chilies -10 oz can to add a little kick. I used the fire-roasted variety, but you can use whatever type you wish.
- Olive Oil - A good quality olive oil.
- Lime - Juice from ¼ of a lime.
📋Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1: Prep the veggies by mincing the garlic and chopping the onion into small, bite-sized pieces.
STEP 2: Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. When the oil is heated, add in onions and sauté until they begin to soften, about 3-5 minutes.
STEP 3: Next, add the riced cauliflower, canned tomatoes, garlic, salt & pepper and stir.
STEP 4: Squeeze in the lime juice. Stir well and allow the flavors to absorb into the cauliflower rice. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until fully cooked through. Serve while warm.
Spanish cauliflower rice is a perfect addition to your repertoire of flavorful and healthy meals. You can even add it to burritos in place of rice! By using cauliflower as a substitute for classic rice, you can enjoy a low-carb and gluten-free alternative without sacrificing flavor. With minimal cooking time, this recipe makes meal prep a breeze!
Tip 1: To make this a more filling meal, feel free to add diced chicken or shrimp. If you are following a vegetarian diet, you can add chickpeas or tofu.
Tip 2: Don't be scared to try out new toppings and mix-ins. This meal pairs well with cilantro and avocado. This cauliflower is excellent topped with some shredded cheese.
You can add a pinch of cayenne pepper, chili powder, or red pepper flakes to the rice when you add the RoTel.
You don't need to thaw the cauliflower. You will want to make sure it is not in any large frozen chunks before you add it to the pan. As long as the cauliflower rice is loose, you can cook it from frozen.
You can store any leftovers in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
🌟If you try this recipe, leave a star rating below or a review in the comment section. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get my latest recipes!
Easy Spanish Cauliflower Rice
- In a skillet, sauté the chopped onion with the olive oil.
- Add the riced cauliflower, tomatoes, garlic, salt & pepper.
- Squeeze in the lime juice.
- Stir well and allow the flavors to absorb into the cauliflower rice for about 10 minutes.
- Serve while warm.
- To make this a more filling meal, feel free to add diced chicken or shrimp. If you are following a vegetarian diet, you can add chickpeas or tofu.
- Don't be scared to try out new toppings and mix-ins. This meal pairs well with cilantro and avocado. This cauliflower is excellent topped with some shredded cheese.
- This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.