One of the biggest challenges of having my husband follow a Keto diet is pizza night. We have pizza night every Friday, and after a long and busy week, it is something the entire family looks forward to. I have tried making a cauliflower crust pizza in the past, and it has been fine, just not as crisp as my husband prefers. This Keto Chicken Pizza Crust Recipe satisfies any pizza craving for those on a low carb or keto diet. It is one of our favorite keto recipes. You can easily substitute a low sugar sauce for the pesto for a more traditional pizza. Be sure to also check out our Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole with Cauliflower. It is SO good!
Why you'll love this low carb chicken crust pizza
- Satisfies pizza cravings while remaining on plan
- Quick and easy to make thanks to canned chicken
- The pesto adds a wonderful savory taste and flavor
- Can of chicken in water
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
How to make this keto chicken pizza crust recipe
One of the shortcuts for this Keto Pizza with Chicken Crust and Pesto is the fact that it uses canned chicken. This is a huge time saver. You will want to be sure that the canned chicken is completely drained. Place the chicken in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake the chicken for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Remove the chicken from the oven when done, and raise oven temperature to 500 degrees.
Place the chicken in a mixing bowl, and add 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
Pour in 1 large, beaten egg and stir to combine the mixture well.
Return the chicken mixture to the parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten it out with your hands to form the shape of a pizza crust. Bake the chicken crust at 500 degrees for 10 minutes. After 5 minutes, remove the keto pizza crust from the oven and flip it over using the parchment paper. Remove the parchment paper and continue to bake the other side for the remaining 5 minutes of bake time.
Once the low carb chicken pizza crust has finished pre-baking, remove it from the oven. Top the crust with 4-5 tablespoons of pesto sauce, leaving room at the edges of the keto pizza.
Sprinkle 2 ounces of grated Parmesan cheese on top of the pesto sauce.
Top the keto pizza with ½ cup of mozzarella cheese. Add some basil if desired.
Now it's time to put this bad boy back into the oven for final baking.
Bake the pizza for 8 more minutes at 500 degrees, or until the cheese has browned and the edge of the low carb pizza crust has become crispy.
Cut the pizza into thirds and enjoy! You can top with grated parmesan cheese and oregano if you wish. This is one of our favorite low carb pizza recipes.
Keto Pizza with Chicken Crust and Petso
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Make sure the canned chicken is drained completely, and then lay the chicken in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the chicken for 10 minutes at 375 degrees
- Remove the chicken from the oven and place it into a mixing bowl.
- Raise the heat on the oven to 500 degrees.
- Add 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning to the chicken in the mixing bowl.
- Pour in 1 large egg that has been beaten, and stir to combine the mixture well.
- Return the chicken mixture to the parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten it out with your hands to form the shape of a pizza crust.
- Bake the chicken crust at 500 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove it from the oven at five minutes, flip it over, and remove the parchment paper. Continue to bake the other side for the remaining 5 minutes of bake time.
- Once the crust has finished pre-baking, remove it from the oven and top it with 4-5 tablespoons of pesto sauce. Cover the entire top of the crust, but leave a bit of room around the edges.
- Top the pesto sauce with 2 ounces of grated parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of Mozzarella cheese on top of your pizza crust.
- Bake your pizza for 8 more minutes at 500 degrees, or until the toppings have browned and the edge of the crust has become crispy.
- Once your pizza has been removed from the oven, top it with fresh basil leaves if desired.
- Cut the pizza into thirds and enjoy!
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
Feel free to add sliced red onions, bell pepper, mushrooms, sausage or pepperoni.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When you want to heat up the pizza, use the oven or toaster oven instead of the microwave.
GET YOUR OWN KETO TRACKERS
To make sticking to a keto diet easier, check out these Keto Weight Loss Tracker Printables. It is a 100 day Keto Challenge to keep you motivated and on track.
Have you heard about Butcher Box?
They deliver 100% grass-fed beef; free-range organic chicken; heritage-breed pork, wild-caught seafood, and more directly to your door. Butcher Box brings you the healthiest, highest quality meat while causing as little harm as they can to the environment. They work directly with a group of family farms to get you the best meat out there. You choose your box and delivery frequency and get free shipping.
You could go around town looking for the best deal, but the quality of the meats and the sourcing won’t be the same. Check it out here and see if it’s for you!