If you have been a reader for any length of time then you know I have been following the Weight Watchers plan and love sharing Weight Watchers recipes with you all. Recently, my husband started following a Keto or Low Carb diet. This wasn't exactly music to my ears, as us being on two different diet plans has made meal planning more challenging. But he has been experiencing success, and I want to be supportive, so I have been cooking lots of Keto friendly meals for him. I figured I would share them with you as well, starting with these easy and yummy Keto Taco Stuffed Peppers . If you are hosting a party and want to stay on plan, check out The Best Keto Appetizers.
Why these Taco Stuffed Peppers are awesome
- Perfect low carb meal for taco Tuesday
- All of your favorite taco flavors in a pepper!
- Versatile - you can use ground beef or ground turkey
- Olive oil
- Ground beef - I get mine from Butcher Box
- Bell peppers
- Chili powder
- Onion powder
- Shredded lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
How to make taco stuffed bell peppers
To make this keto stuffed peppers recipe, you will start out by sautéing an onion in olive oil in a large skillet until the onion begins to soften.
Next, add in some minced garlic. As a shortcut, you can buy jarred minced garlic. If you love garlic as much as I do and use it a lot, this is a good option.
Then add in the ground beef, and break it up, stirring often while it browns.
Add chili powder, onion powder, paprika and cumin to the meat mixture, continuing to stir and cook until the meat it completely browned.
Now it is time to stuff the peppers. I like to use a colorful variety of peppers since I think it adds interest. You can use your favorite type of bell pepper or whatever you have on hand. Slice each bell pepper in half, and remove the insides along with the seeds. Place the bell peppers halves cut side up into a casserole or high sided baking dish like this one.
Fill up each bell pepper half with the meat mixture.
Now comes my favorite part - the cheese! Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top of the meat filled pepper halves.
Bake the peppers until the cheese has become gooey and melted, and the peppers start to turn tender.
Remove the taco stuffed peppers keto from the oven, top with shredded lettuce, diced tomato and a dollop of sour cream.
Taco Stuffed Peppers (Keto, Low Carb)
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 ½ lb Ground beef
- 1 Small onion chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic minced
- 3 Large bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon Chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoon Cumin
- 1 cup Shredded lettuce
- 6 Cherry tomatoes diced
- 2 tablespoon Full fat sour cream
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, and saute for 2-3 minutes when the onions begin to soften.
- Add in the minced garlic, and stir for 30 seconds.
- Toss in the ground beef, and break it up, stirring often while it browns.
- Mix in 1 tablespoon of chili powder.
- Add in the onion powder, paprika and cumin. Stir the meat mixture well, and continue to cook it until it is completely browned.
- Slice each bell pepper in half, and remove the insides along with the seeds.
- Place the bell peppers halves cut side up into a casserole or high sided baking dish.
- Fill each bell pepper half with the meat mixture. It is okay to heap the mixture up over the top of the bell pepper if needed.
- Top the meat filled pepper halves with 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake the peppers in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the cheese has melted, and the peppers are starting to turn tender.
- Remove the peppers from the oven, top with shredded lettuce, diced tomato and sour cream.
I love these keto stuffed bell peppers because you get your meat and veggies in one dish. They make a very pretty presentation and are great to serve to guests.
If you are looking for an appetizer involving stuffed peppers, check out Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutrition facts may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
I like to keep my sides simple since there is a lot of flavor going on in this keto stuffed peppers recipe. A salad, steamed broccoli or riced cauliflower work well.
Place peppers in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
GET YOUR OWN KETO TRACKERS
To make sticking to a keto diet easier, check out these Keto Weight Loss Tracker Printables. It is a 100 day Keto Challenge to keep you motivated and on track.
This sounds like a yummy idea. I love stuffed peppers and I haven't had this taco variation before!
Keto is all the rage these days and it's nice to see a recipe so traditional that fits the bill. Just yummmm all around! Bookmarking this one for later.
With all of those flavors, I bet I won't even miss the carbs!
We are trying to incorporate more low carb recipes for dinner and this looks delish! Adding to the calendar.
Cant go wrong with anything Keto.. Perfect for us since my son is diabetic and he will also love this thanks for posting
This looks so delicious. This is the best recipe I've found for stuffed peppers!