If you love chicken fajitas, then you need to try these Chicken Stuffed Peppers. Stuffed with your favorite fajita ingredients, these peppers are colorful and filling. They are pretty easy to make too, especially if you prepare the fajita ingredients ahead of time. Be sure to also check out this Oven Baked Chicken - 3 Ways. So good!
Why you'll love this stuffed peppers recipe
- Taste like fajitas!
- Hearty and easy to make
- Wonderful lunch or dinner option
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- chili powder
- red bell pepper
- yellow bell pepper
- green bell peppers
- white rice
- shredded Mexican blend cheese
How to make chicken stuffed peppers
To make these chicken stuffed peppers, start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees and place halved green bell peppers in a baking dish.
Cook your chicken breast strips in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt, and lime juice.
When the chicken is almost cooked, add in onion strips, red bell pepper, and orange bell pepper. Saute until vegetables are cooked through.
Now it is time to add rice to the pan and mix all the ingredients together.
Fill each green bell pepper half with chicken mixture, making sure to have a fairly equal amount of chicken and peppers in each one.
Top each pepper half with shredded cheese. My kids like to remind me to add a generous helping of cheese which you can certainly do if you are a cheese lover.
Place pepper halves in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Cook longer if you want softer peppers. If the cheese starts to get too brown, you can cover in foil for the remainder of the cooking time.
Aren't these beautiful?
These stuffed peppers are truly a complete meal. They include veggies, protein, carbs and dairy. All in a pretty package. If you are looking for an appetizer involving stuffed peppers, check out Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers.
These chicken fajita stuffed peppers are packed with flavor and make the perfect weeknight meal!
I would be lost without Eat At Home Meal Plans. Deciding what to make for dinner each night was stressing me out, but thanks to Eat at Home Meal Plans that decision has been made for me.
Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice of one lime
- 1 small onion sliced into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into strips
- 4 green bell peppers cut in half
- 1 cup white rice cooked
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place halved green bell peppers in a baking dish.
- Cook chicken in a large skillet over medium heat. Season with paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt, and lime juice.
- When the chicken is almost cooked, add in onion, red bell pepper, and orange bell pepper. Saute until vegetables are cooked through.
- Add rice to pan and stir to mix all ingredients together. Fill each green bell pepper half with chicken mixture. Top with shredded cheese.
- Place pepper halves in the oven and cook for 30 minutes (longer for softer peppers).
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
You can store these peppers in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
You can substitute the white rice with cauliflower rice.
Yes, ground chicken or ground turkey would work in the place of the chicken breasts.
This looks like such a delicious and healthy recipe, really can't wait to try this!
Stuffed peppers are a great meal option. You can make LOTS and have leftovers. Love the addition of chicken in these super delicious peppers. A great dinner any night of the week.
Great pics! My hubby loves stuffed peppers so these are definitely going on our menu this week!
These look awesome! I really like that you used chicken instead of ground beef like a lot of recipe do. Can't wait to try them!
Mmmm, these stuffed peppers were delicious! Bell peppers make such an easy substitute for tortillas which is great when I'm looking for easy Gluten-free meals! 🙂