Just because you are following a Keto diet, doesn't mean you can't enjoy some of the flavors of your favorite foods. You just have to think about them in a new way. Take pizza for instance. With this low carb Keto Recipe Pizza Stuffed Peppers, you can enjoy the flavors of pizza while staying on program. Be sure to also check out The Best Keto Appetizers for your next gathering!
Why these keto stuffed peppers are awesome
- A way to enjoy the flavor of pizza while on a low carb diet
- Full of cheesy goodness!
- Can personalize with your favorite pizza toppings
- bell peppers
- ground beef
- Italian style diced tomatoes or 4 diced fresh tomatoes
- fresh oregano
- mozzarella cheese
How to make this Keto stuffed pepper recipe
Before you make these yummy peppers, you'll want to preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. While the oven is warming, add ground beef, garlic, salt, and pepper to a saute pan or large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until the beef is browned.
Once the beef has browned, it's time to add in the diced tomatoes and oregano. Stir the ingredients together and remove from heat.
Now it is time to prepare the peppers. I used green peppers here, but you can use your favorite type of bell pepper or whatever you have on hand. It will still taste delicious, I promise!
Slice each bell pepper in half, and remove the insides along with the seeds. Place the bell peppers halves cut side up into a casserole or high sided baking dish like this one.
Fill the peppers with the ground beef mixture.
Bake the peppers for 20 minutes or until they are roasted and soft. Remove them from the oven and top peppers with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
Return the peppers to the oven and broil for 5 minutes on high or until the cheese has melted.
I love this Keto recipe pizza stuffed peppers because they are filled with protein, veggies and cheesy goodness. Does it get any better than that?
Keto Recipe Pizza Stuffed Peppers
- 4 bell peppers; halved and seeds removed
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef 85/15
- 1 can Italian style diced tomatoes or 4 diced fresh tomatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 16 pieces of pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a saute pan, add ground beef, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook until beef is browned. Add in diced tomatoes and oregano. Stir well.
- Cut bell peppers in half and remove the seeds. Place into a baking dish and fill with ground beef mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until peppers are roasted and soft. Remove from oven and top with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
- Broil for 5 minutes on high or until cheese is melted and pepperoni sweats.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, this would work with ground turkey or ground chicken.
Before you add the cheese to the peppers, you can add chopped mushrooms and olives. Basically any of your favorite pizza toppings.
You can store these in a covered container in the fridge for up to 3 days. To warm up, microwave until heated through.
Have you heard about Butcher Box?
They deliver 100% grass-fed beef; free-range organic chicken; heritage-breed pork, wild-caught seafood, and more directly to your door. Butcher Box brings you the healthiest, highest quality meat while causing as little harm as they can to the environment. They work directly with a group of family farms to get you the best meat out there. You choose your box and delivery frequency and get free shipping.
You could go around town looking for the best deal, but the quality of the meats and the sourcing won’t be the same. Check it out here and see if it’s for you!