As a busy work at home mom, I don't have the time to make an elaborate lunch for myself. Sometimes this results in me grabbing some fast food or other equally less healthy options. But in less time than it takes to do that, I can make this flavorful Southwest Chicken Salad Recipe thanks to the ready-to-eat Foster Farms® Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips. These strips are low-fat and high-protein so they make the perfect addition to salads, wraps, fajitas, stir fries and pasta dishes. Thanks to Foster Farms® for sponsoring this Southwest Chicken Salad post.
You can find Foster Farms® Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips at Walmart in select Western states (CA, OR, WA, AZ and NV). They come in a re-sealable package, which is just so convenient. The strips have no added steroids and hormones.
Southwest Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 cups of romaine/iceberg mix
- 6 oz Foster Farms® Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
- ½ cup black beans drained and rinsed
- ½ cup corn drained
- 1 avocado sliced
- ⅓ cup red onion chopped
- ½ cup southwestern dressing or ranch dressing
- ½ cup tortilla strips optional
- Mix romaine and iceberg lettuce in a large bowl.
- Drain and rinse black beans and drain corn. Add to salad.
- Peel and slice avocado and add to salad.
- Add chopped red onion to salad.
- Add Foster Farms® Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips.
- Add dressing to salad and toss.
- If desired, add tortilla strips.