Do you have a sweet tooth like me? Do you ever feel guilty about it? Same here. But I found a great way to still enjoy the sweets I love without all the added sugar. Read on to find out how and get a yummy Strawberry Bread Recipe designed to satisfy your sweet tooth. Be sure to also try our delicious Peach Bread Recipe. I’m sharing SPLENDA® Sweetener Products in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™” #SplendaSweeties #SweetSwaps
In the past we have made banana bread, apple bread, and cranberry bread. I love using whatever fruit is in season to bake a up a delicious loaf of bread. This spring, I have been seeing cartons of fresh, juicy strawberries at local farmer's markets and I was inspired to try them in some baking. However, I didn't want to use as much sugar as I typically do when baking.
I was excited to discover and try SPLENDA® Naturals products in my cooking and baking. SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener is a great tasting, no-calorie sweetener made with stevia. There is no bitter aftertaste, no added flavors, colors, and no artificial ingredients which makes it the perfect swap for sugar.
Why you'll love this recipe
- Made with less added sugar
- Great way to use in season berries
- Versatile quick bread can be used for breakfast or snack
- all purpose flour
- SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener
- baking soda
- vegetable oil
- vanilla extract
How to make Strawberry Quick Bread
To make this strawberry bread recipe, I started by chopping up some fresh strawberries. They were ripe, colorful, and oh-so-tasty! After I chopped the strawberries into small pieces, I sprinkled a packet of SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener onto them, stirred and set them aside.
Then I mixed the wet ingredients in one bowl, along with the strawberries and mixed the flour mixture in another bowl. These will be combined to make a thick batter.
The batter will fill a loaf pan a little less than halfway full.
This strawberry bread recipe produces a dense bread that is loaded with strawberry flavor.
You'll want to let it cool a bit on a wire rack before you slice into it as it can be delicate when it just comes out of the oven.
This strawberry bread recipe is bursting with strawberry flavor. It tastes great whether it is served warm and topped with butter or enjoyed the next day, if it lasts that long. My kids enjoyed taking it to school for a midday snack, while I savored mine with a hot cup of coffee.
Strawberry Bread Recipe
- 1 ½ cups diced strawberries
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 15 packets of SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a bread loaf pan.
- Dice strawberries and place in a medium bowl. Sprinkle 1 packet of SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener onto the strawberries. Mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 14 packets SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener, salt and baking soda.
- Add oil and beaten eggs to bowl with strawberries and mix.
- Add strawberry mixture to large bowl with dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
- Scoop batter into bread loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out dry.
- Allow to cool before removing from loaf pan.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
If you want to enjoy the flavor or strawberries year round, you can use frozen strawberries. Simply substitute the same amount of frozen berries for fresh in the recipe. Place them in the batter directly from the freezer. The bread will be a little more moist which is never a bad thing.
You can store this strawberry loaf in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. You can also slice the bread and cover each slice with plastic wrap before freezing. This stays good in the freezer for up to 2 months.