Do you have a sweet tooth like me? Do you ever feel guilty about it? Same here. But I found a great way to still enjoy the sweets I love without all the added sugar. Read on to find out how and get a yummy Strawberry Bread Recipe designed to satisfy your sweet tooth. I’m sharing SPLENDA® Sweetener Products in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™” #SplendaSweeties #SweetSwaps
In the past we have made banana bread, apple bread, and cranberry bread. I love using whatever fruit is in season to bake a up a delicious loaf of bread. This spring, I have been seeing cartons of fresh, juicy strawberries at local farmer’s markets and I was inspired to try them in some baking. However, I didn’t want to use as much sugar as I typically do when baking.
I was excited to discover and try SPLENDA® Naturals products in my cooking and baking. SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener is a great tasting, no-calorie sweetener made with stevia. There is no bitter aftertaste, no added flavors, colors, and no artificial ingredients which makes it the perfect swap for sugar.
Strawberry Bread Recipe
To make this strawberry bread recipe, I started by chopping up some fresh strawberries. They were ripe, colorful, and oh-so-tasty! After I chopped the strawberries into small pieces, I sprinkled a packet of SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener onto them, stirred and set them aside.
Then I mixed the wet ingredients in one bowl, along with the strawberries and mixed the dry ingredients in another bowl. These will be combined to make a thick batter.
The batter will fill a loaf pan a little less than halfway full.
This strawberry bread recipe produces a dense bread that is loaded with strawberry flavor.
You’ll want to let it cool a bit before you cut into it as it can be delicate when it just comes out of the oven.
This strawberry bread recipe is bursting with strawberry flavor. It tastes great whether it is served warm and topped with butter or enjoyed the next day, if it lasts that long. My kids enjoyed taking it to school for a midday snack, while I savored mine with a hot cup of coffee.
To learn more about SweetSwaps you can make when baking check out SPLENDA® Naturals for information and recipes.
- 1½ cups diced strawberries
- 1½ cups of flour and 1 tablespoon of flour
- 15 packets of SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup of vegetable oil and 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a bread loaf pan.
- Dice strawberries and place in a medium bowl. Sprinkle 1 packet of SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener onto the strawberries. Mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 14 packets SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener, salt and baking soda.
- Add oil and beaten eggs to bowl with strawberries and mix.
- Add strawberry mixture to large bowl with dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
- Scoop batter into bread loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out dry.
- Allow to cool before removing from loaf pan.