Summer is just around the corner and that means you'll be spending a lot of time outdoors and on-the-go enjoying pools, beaches and amusement parks. If you are looking for a way to stay cool while living it up in the great outdoors, you need to try these strawberry popsicles with chocolate. They are simple to make and are a refreshing way to beat the heat. They do make a bit of a mess, so I'll be sharing my secret for cleaning dirt and germs wherever the summer happens to take you.
These strawberry popsicles with chocolate are a great summer recipe because they are made with summer ripened strawberries. If you go berry picking or grow your own berries, but just can't eat them fast enough, simply puree the berries with some water and sugar and use them to make these delicious fruity popsicles.
One of my favorite decadent treats are chocolate covered strawberries. These popsicles, which use fresh strawberries and chocolate pudding, have a similar flavor.
To make these strawberry popsicles with chocolate, layer your popsicle mold with the strawberry puree and chocolate pudding. You can aim to make each layer neat and defined, but when your kids want to help you make the popsicles, all that goes out the window. No matter. These popsicles don't have to look perfect to taste amazing!
Freeze the popsicles for 4 hours and run some warm water over the mold to loosen and remove.
There are few things better than enjoying a cool popsicle on a warm summer day. Be sure to also check out our Rainbow Popsicles.
Strawberry Popsicles with Chocolate
- 1 box Chocolate pudding prepared according to package directions
- 1 ½ cups fresh strawberries stems removed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup water
- Popsicle mold
- Prepare chocolate pudding according to package directions.
- In a blender, blend strawberries, sugar and water until pureed.
- Fill popsicle mold with alternating layers of chocolate pudding and strawberry puree.
- Freeze for 4 hours.
- This will make 10 popsicles, but may make more or less depending on the size of your molds.