This 4th of July Brownies Cake uses brownies, frosting and fruit to create a festive addition to your July 4th barbecue and a delicious dessert recipe for Memorial Day. You'll also love these Football Brownies.
Need a quick and easy dessert to take to your 4th of July shindig? These American flag brownies will wow your guests.
Why you'll love these 4th of July brownies
- Just a few ingredients needed
- No need to make brownies from scratch thanks to a box mix
- Perfect for any patriotic holiday
- Box of Brownie Mix (plus water, vegetable oil and eggs listed on box)
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Mini Marshmallows
How to make 4th of July cake made with brownies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, prepare brownies as directed on the brownie box. You can do this by hand or use a mixer. Pour the chocolate mixture from the bowl into a 8 to 9 inch round cake pan that has been coated with cooking spray. You might have extra batter leftover.
If you are looking to save time on clean up, cut a circle of parchment paper to fit in the pan before pouring in the batter.
Bake in the oven according to package directions typically 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the brownie cake cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the cake pan.
Remove the brownie from the pan and transfer to a cooling wire rack. Let the brownie cool for 5-10 minutes.
Coat the 4th of July flag cake with brownies in cream cheese frosting.
In the left corner of the red, white and blue brownies cake, create the blue potion of the flag.
Create red and white stripes using sliced strawberries and mini marshmallows.
These patriotic brownies are a great treat to bring to picnics or any 4th of July celebrations.
4th of July Brownies Cake
- 18 oz Box Brownie Mix plus ingredients listed on box
- 16 oz Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup Blueberries
- ½ cup Sliced Strawberries
- ½ cup Mini Marshmallows
- Prepare brownies as directed on the brownie box using the round cake pan.
- Remove the brownie from the cake pan and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Let the brownie cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Coat the brownie in cream cheese frosting.
- In the left corner of the brownie create the blue potion of the flag.
- Create red and white stripes using sliced strawberries and mini marshmallows.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
Due to the fruit component, you are going to want to store leftovers of these fourth of July brownies in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can store for up to 4 days.
We use the mix that they sell at Aldi, but any will do.
I love this! Using whole strawberries and blueberries are the easiest way to get that 4th of July spirit without having to use any food coloring.
How adorable is this!? I can't wait to make this for our 4th of July BBQ!
I've been trying to plan my Memorial Day menu and this brownie cake is at the top of my list! So fun and festive!
Love this idea of using fresh berries for the upcoming 4th of July holiday. My family would enjoy this since they love brownies!
A perfect treat for 4th of july. Pinned to try this. Thanks for sharing.