Let’s just admit it: brownies are THE best dessert! Fudgy, cake like or gourmet, the chocolate goodness just tops off any meal perfectly! This M&M Brownies recipe takes your average brownie recipe up a notch! Add in brownie M&Ms and you have a phenomenal dessert experience.
Why these M&M Brownies are amazing
- They are made with brownie M&M's making them filled with even more brownie goodness
- These easy homemade brownies taste way better than store bought
- So much chocolaty goodness!
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Brownie m&m’s
How to make M and M Brownies
First, preheat the oven to 350°F. In a pan, melt the butter over low heat. Once the butter is melted, turn off the heat, add the cocoa powder, and stir until combined. Pour the butter and cocoa mixture into a bowl that contains the sugar.
Add eggs and vanilla to the bowl and mix well.
Add baking powder to flour in a bowl and stir to combine. Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture. Stir until combined.
Pour the batter into a silicone or non-stick pan 8x8 pan.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out mostly clean. Immediately stick the brownie M&M’s on top of the brownies. The heat will act as a glue. Let the brownies fully cool before cutting them into squares.
You know what’s next: ENJOY this tasty treat!
If your kids are anything like mine, they will be fighting over who gets the brownie with the most M&M's. But don't worry, whatever piece you get will be amazing!
Easy M&M Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a pan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Turn off the heat and add the cocoa powder. Stir until combined.
- Pour butter/cocoa mixture into a bowl with the sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Add baking powder to a bowl with the flour and mix to combine. Slowly add it to the wet mixture. Stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into the silicone or non-stick pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out mostly clean.
- Immediately stick the brownie M&M’s on top of the brownies. The heat will act as a glue.
- Let fully cool before cutting into squares.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
Of course, you can use whatever variety you have on hand. But I must say, if you have never tried Brownie M&M's you are in a for a treat. Fudgy brownie filling in each bite! These brownies would also be amazing with caramel flavored M&M's, peanut butter M&M's, and English toffee peanut M&M's. So many possibilities!
These are great with nuts! You can add ½ cup of nuts to this recipe. The best nuts to add are walnuts or pecans.
You can store these in an air tight container on the counter for 3 days. If you keep them in the refrigerator, they will last a week.
Looking to make meal planning easy?
I am a big fan of Eat At Home Meal Plans. Are you stressed about the cost of eating out or trying to decide what to make for dinner each night? Sign up for the plans, and get access to 4 separate meal plans each month (Traditional, Wholesome Traditional, Slow Cooker, and No Flour/No Sugar). Just print the plans, color-coded grocery lists, and recipes you want for the month. Don’t worry, there are so many options, even picky eaters will find something they like.
When it is time for dinner, make that night’s recipe (choices include make-ahead, freezer meals, slow-cooker recipes, and other time-saving strategies) and you are all set.
I know you have more important things to do than meal planning. Let someone else do it for you with Eat At Home Meal Plans. Monthly, quarterly and annual plans are available.