This Chocolate Espresso Bundt Cake is perfect for coffee lovers. You get all the goodness of the chocolate with the rich flavor of espresso. The sweetness of the chocolate finds a perfect balance in the espresso. If you are looking for espresso desserts, look no further. This gorgeous espresso chocolate cake is something you will be proud to serve to your guests - with coffee of course! Don't forget to also check out this 3 Ingredient Hershey's Chocolate Pie and our Crockpot Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake. So easy!
Why this chocolate bundt cake is awesome
- Perfect dessert for coffee lovers
- This cake is for chocolate lovers who want to try something new and different.
- Cake is moist and delicious
- unsalted sweet cream butter
- light brown sugar
- baking powder
- sour cream
- whole milk
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- heavy cream
- instant espresso powder
- chopped walnuts
- crushed chocolate covered espresso beans
How to make Chocolate Espresso Bundt Cake
To make this Chocolate Espresso Bundt Cake, start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
Cream the butter, sugar, brown sugar and baking powder until smooth in a stand mixer.
Beat in the cocoa powder until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time and mix after each egg.
Next, beat in the sour cream, milk and espresso until the ingredients are combined. Gradually beat in the flour everything is combined and smooth.
Pour the batter into the bundt pan and place the pan into the oven to bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
To make the chocolate ganache, place the chocolate chips into a medium bowl. Heat the cream and espresso powder in a small sauce pan over medium heat until it comes to a boil.
Remove the mixture from the heat and pour it over the chocolate chips in the bowl. Allow the mixture to sit for 1 minute before mixing until smooth.
Let the ganache glaze cool slightly before pouring it over the cake.
Hope you enjoy this chocolate espresso cake recipe!
Chocolate Espresso Bundt Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a bundt pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- Using a standing mixer, cream the butter, sugar, brown sugar and baking powder until smooth.
- Beat in the cocoa powder until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time until combined after each egg. Beat in the sour cream, milk and espresso until combined and smooth.
- Gradually beat in the flour ingredients until combined and smooth.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan and place into the oven to bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Chocolate Ganache directions:
- Place the chocolate chips into a medium bowl.
- Heat the cream and espresso powder in a small sauce pan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and pour over the chocolate chips.
- Allow to sit for 1 minute before mixing until smooth.
- Allow to cool slightly before pouring over the cake.
- Top with the chopped walnuts, crushed chocolate covered espresso beans and espresso powder.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
Yes. Simply leave out the ¼ cup of espresso in the recipe and the espresso for the garnish. The cake will still be delicious.
You can store this cake in an air tight container on the counter for 2 days. You can refrigerate it for up to 5 days.