Crockpot Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake is SO simple and SO delicious! If you’re a chocolate-cherry lover, you can’t miss this delicious cake! It is made with chocolate cake mix, cherry pie filling and butter. With 3 ingredients and 2 hours in the slow cooker, you can have a moist, gooey, chocolatey dessert!
⭐Why This Recipe Works
- Just 3 ingredients in the slow cooker!
- Literally just dump in the ingredients and go.
- Filled with all the flavor you'd expect from a yummy cherry pie.
- chocolate cake mix - 15.25 oz
- canned cherry pie filling - two 21 oz cans or make your own.
- butter - melted
📋Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1: Pour the can of cherry pie filling into the bottom of the crockpot.
STEP 2: Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the pie filling.
STEP 3: Add the butter to a small bowl and heat in the microwave for 30-60 seconds, until melted.
STEP 4: Pour the melted butter evenly over the cake mix.
STEP 5: Cook on high for 2 hours.
You can serve this Crockpot Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake warm, topped with whipped cream or ice cream.
Tip 1: Serve hot with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Tip 2: You can also make this in the oven instead. Follow the same instructions, but use a 9x13 inch baking dish instead. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Can I use devil's food cake mix to make this?
Yes, that would work well in this Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake Recipe.
What other pie filling would work with this recipe?
There are lots of variations you can use. Blueberry pie filling and apple pie filling work well.
How do I store this?
You can store this in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-5 days.
🌟If you try this recipe, leave a star rating below or a review in the comment section. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get my latest recipes!
Crockpot Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix 15.25 oz
- 42 oz cans cherry pie filling 2 cans of 21 oz each
- 1 stick butter
- Pour the cherry pie filling into the bottom of the crockpot.
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the pie filling.
- Add the butter to a small bowl and heat in the microwave for 30-60 seconds, until melted.
- Pour evenly over the cake mix.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Serve hot with whipped cream or ice cream.
- You can make this in the oven in you don't have a crock pot. Follow the same instructions, but use a 9x13 inch baking dish instead. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Serve warm, topped with whipped cream or ice cream.
- This nutrition information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.