You probably know that a crockpot makes dinner prep a breeze, but did you know you can also use it to bake simple and delicious desserts? This Crock Pot Apple Dump Cake with Salted Caramel is one of the easiest desserts you can make. Can you open things and dump them in a crock pot? Then you can make this! You'll also love our Crockpot Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake.
Why you'll love this Apple Dump Cake in the slow cooker
- Just 5 ingredients!
- Tastes like you spent a lot of time on it, but prep time is only 10 minutes. The crock pot does the rest.
- Fills your home with a wonderful apple cinnamon scent
How to make crockpot apple dump cake
Spray cooking spray into your slow cooker or use a slow cooker liner. A liner makes this recipe extra easy. When you are done, just remove the liner and discard.
Since this is called dump cake, there will be some dumping involved. So, dump out one 20 oz can of apple pie filling into the crock pot.
Time for more dumping! Dump out one box of dry cake mix on top of the apples.
Next, pour ½ cup (1 stick) of melted butter on top of the cake mix. Make sure not to mix any of the ingredients together. Simply layer them. It seems crazy that doing this would produce a delicious cake, but trust the process!
Dump ¼ cup of cinnamon sugar over the butter. You can also make your own cinnamon sugar by adding 1 tablespoon of cinnamon to ¼ cup of sugar and mixing.
Add ½ cup sea salt caramel chips on top of the mixture.
Cover your crock pot and cook the crock pot apple dump cake on low for 3 ½ - 4 hours or on high for 2 hours.
Serve this easy dessert warm in bowls.
This crock pot apple dump cake is full of delicious flavors as is, but it is sheer perfection when topped with some vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.
Crock Pot Apple Dump Cake with Salted Caramel
- Spray your slow cooker or prepare with a slow cooker liner.
- Dump out one 20 oz can of apple pie filling.
- On top, pour out one bag of yellow cake mix.
- Pour ½ cup (1 stick) of melted butter on top of the cake mix. (Do not mix ingredients together. Just keep layering them.)
- Sprinkle ¼ cup cinnamon sugar over the butter.
- Add ½ cup salted caramel chips on top.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 3 ½ - 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream if desired.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 days.
Half cup of chopped walnuts or chopped pecans add a nice texture and taste to this dessert recipe.
Yes, spice cake mix adds a nice flavor. White cake mix will also work.