Have you jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon yet? If not, what are you waiting for? An Instant Pot or pressure cooker is the busy moms best friend. You probably have heard that an Instant Pot makes dinner prep a breeze, but you can also use it to make simple and delicious desserts in a matter of minutes. This Strawberry Dump Cake in the Instant Pot is one of the easiest desserts you can make. We all have limited time these days and this instant pot recipe uses some shortcuts help you spend less time in the kitchen. You'll also love our Crockpot Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake.
Why this Instant Pot Strawberry Dump Cake is awesome
- 30 minutes start to finish
- Perfect summer dessert since made by pressure cooking and not in oven
- Great way to use in-season fresh berries
- strawberry filling
- yellow cake mix
- vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
How to make Instant Pot Strawberry Cake
One of the shortcuts of this strawberry dump cake is using a boxed cake mix. Trust me, no one will know the difference.
In this post, I'll use the terms pressure cooker and Instant Pot interchangeably since Instant Pot is a brand of electronic pressure cookers. For this dump cake recipe you will need a trivet to place in your pressure cooker. This is the trivet I use for my Instant Pot.
To make this strawberry dump cake in the Instant Pot, you will need a bowl that can be placed in the Instant Pot. I love these round bakeware dishes. They come in a variety of sizes and one will work in your pressure cooker.
In the bowl you will be using in your Instant Pot, add the can of strawberry pie filling, vanilla extract, and chopped strawberries. Spread evenly.
Pour the cake mix on top of the strawberry pie mixture.
Slice the butter and place on top of the cake mix. Next, cover the bowl in foil. Place your trivet in the pressure cooker and place your covered cake bowl on top of that in the Instant Pot.
Set the Instant Pot to manual high pressure for 10 minutes. Then slow release for 10 minutes and remove the cover.
Time to prepare the brown oat sugar crumble for the top of the dump cake. When your crumble is ready, carefully remove the strawberry dump cake from pressure cooker using pot holders, and add the crumble to the top.
Set your oven to broil on high. Place the strawberry dump cake in the oven for 5 minutes.
Spoon the strawberry dump cake into plates or bowls and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
All that is left to do is grab a spoon and dig into this deliciousness! If you want to try a slow cooker dump cake, those turn out fabulously as well. Here is a recipe I love for Cherry Dump Cake from Mom Endeavors.
Strawberry Dump Cake in the Instant Pot
- In the bowl you will be using in your Instant Pot, add strawberry pie filling, vanilla extract, and chopped strawberries. Spread evenly.
- Pour the cake mix on top of the strawberry pie mixture.
- Slice the butter and place on top of the cake mix.
- Cover the bowl in foil.
- Place the trivet in the Instant Pot and place the bowl on top of the trivet in the pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Slow release for 10 minutes and remove the cover and carefully remove bowl from Instant Pot.
- Crumble directions:
- Place the butter in the saucepan.
- Cook until melted on medium heat
- Add all other ingredients.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir until combined.
- Place on top of dump cake.
- Set oven to broil on high.
- Place your dump cake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Spoon onto plates and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
You can store this strawberry cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
If you are lucky enough to find strawberry cake mix, you can use that. If not, yellow cake mix and white cake mix works well.