The perfect summer dessert is something cold, sweet and creamy. The type of refreshing treat that is a nice addition to a weekend cookout. Key lime pie is pretty much a perfect summer dessert because it just tastes so refreshing. If you want to serve something impressive, but don't have a lot of time, try this easy frozen key lime pie.
Why this key lime dessert works
- Just 5 ingredients
- Perfect no bake dessert for summer
- Impressive dessert that is full of flavor and tartness
- heavy whipping cream
- sweetened condensed milk
- key lime juice ( I use Nellies from Key west)
- 9-inch graham cracker crust (regular, not deep dish, though deep dish will work as well)
How to make frozen key lime pie with sweetened condensed milk
To make this no bake frozen key lime pie, place heavy whipping cream in the bowl of an electric mixer with the whisk attachment. This can also be done with a hand blender with whisk attachment, but it will take much longer. Blend the cream for 4 minutes on low speed and adjust the speed going up to 6 as it gets thicker. Once it resembles whipped topping, then it is ready.
Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk into the large bowl of the stand mixer and fold it in by hand.
Next, fold in key lime juice by hand. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
Garnish the ice cream pie with lime slices. Wash the lid of the pie crust and flip and place on the pie. Press down the metal edging to close. Freeze the dessert pie overnight up to 24 hours.
Once frozen overnight, cut with a warm knife and serve. Your guests will love this 5 ingredient quick frozen key lime pie!
Easy Frozen Key Lime Pie
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 - 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup key lime juice I use Nellies from Key west
- 1 lime; sliced
- 1 graham cracker pie crust regular not deep dish though deep dish will work as well
- Place heavy whipping cream in a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. This can also be done with a hand blender with whisk attachment but will take much longer. Blend for 4 minutes on low speed and adjust speed going up to 6 as it thickens. Once it resembles whipped topping then it's ready.
- Fold in the can of sweetened condensed milk. Fold in key lime juice. Pour into the pie crust.
- Top the ice cream pie with sliced limes. Wash the lid of the pie crust and flip and place on the pie. Press down the metal edging. Freeze pie overnight.
- Once frozen overnight cut with a warm knife and serve.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, you can use a large bowl and a hand mixer.
You can store this key lime ice cream pie in the freezer. You can cover the 9 inch pie plate with plastic wrap before or cover before freezing.
Yes! Here is a recipe I love for homemade graham cracker pie crust.
Yes, 9 or 10 inch will work with this recipe.