Do your kids love gummy bears? Heck, it may not even be your kids. You may be the gummy bear fan in your house. Whoever loves them, you will be thrilled to learn that you can make some yummy gummy bears at home with just a few simple ingredients. This Gummy Bears Recipe is one that kids can help to make with some adult supervision. So gather your helpers and let's get started!
Ingredients for gummy bears
The most important thing you will need to make this homemade gummy bears recipe are these gummy bear molds. They come with a dropper that you will use to drop the mixture into the mold.
How to make gummy bears
Once you assemble your supplies and ingredients, you are ready to make this recipe for gummy bears. Use a pastry brush to dust the gummy bear molds with a light coating of cornstarch. Then set the mold aside.
In a saucepan, place the flavored jello for whatever color you will be making, and 2 packets (0.25 oz each) of unflavored gelatin.
Then add ⅓ cup water.
Mix all of these ingredients together and let them sit for 5 minutes.
Then place the pan on low-medium heat and stir continuously until the powder is completely dissolved. This takes about another 5 minutes.
Once the mixture has dissolved, fill up the dropper with the mixture and fill each cavity in the mold, being careful not to overfill.
Once the tray is full, let the gummies sit for 5-10 minutes to cool. After they have cooled, lightly coat the backs of the gummy bears with cornstarch using the pastry brush. Finally, place the gummy bear molds in the refrigerator for 15 minutes so they can fully cool and set.
In a small bowl, add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. Pop the gummy bears out of the molds and drop them into the bowl. Lightly toss to coat the coat all the bears. The cornstarch will keep the gummy bears from sticking together.
Isn't this gummy candy colorful and fun! Next time your kids ask for candy, try this real gummy bear recipe!
Gummy Bears Recipe
- Dust the gummy bear molds with a light coating of cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, place the flavored jello and two packets of unflavored gelatin.
- Add ⅓ cup water.
- Mix them together and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place the pan on low-medium heat and whisk until the powder is dissolved. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Once dissolved, use a dropper to place the mixture into the gummy bear molds.
- Allow gummy bears to sit for 5-10 minutes to cool. Lightly coat the backs of the gummy bears with cornstarch.
- Place the molds in the refrigerator for 15 minutes so they can fully cool and set.
- In a small bowl, add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. Pop the gummy bears out of the molds and into the bowl. Lightly toss to coat the gummies. The cornstarch will prevent the gummy bears from sticking together.
- Store in an airtight container.
Frequently asked questions
You can use any candy mold you may have. Of course, if the mold is bigger, the gummies will be bigger.
How long do gummy bears last?
Store these in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Yes, you can substitute the same amount of sugar free Jello.
Homemade Candy Recipe