How many of you have had frozen grapes? They are a yummy snack especially on a hot day. But lets step up those frozen grapes a little shall we? Let's add some lime Jell-o powder to them to make Sour Patch Grapes. Yes, you heard me right. When rolled in lime jello and frozen, these grapes taste of sour candy like sour patch kids, one of my favorite candies. My kids informed my that candy frozen sour grapes are a trend and viral on TikTok and Instagram. I was ahead of my time! For more fruity treats check out our Strawberry Popsicles with Chocolate.
Why you'll love this sour patch grapes recipe
- They will satisfy any candy cravings
- Just 2 simple ingredients - grapes and jello
- The jello adds a sour flavor to the sweetness of the grapes
- Sugar free lime jell-o.
How to make Sour Patch Grapes
I have tried this with both sugar free and regular gelatin powder and it tastes the same either way. I have used different flavors of Jello, but I like lime the best as it adds the perfect tart taste to the grapes. If you use sugar free Jello and follow the Weight Watchers plan, these yummy sour patch grapes are 0 points. Score!
Now the easy steps for this treat. First wash grapes thoroughly. You will want to be sure they are plenty wet for the next step so that the gelatin mix is able to stick to them. Pour a small amount of the Jello into a separate large bowl and add a few grapes that have just been washed. Roll them around a bit or dip them and when they are covered, place them in a zip top bag. I prefer to use grapes that have already been in the fridge so that they take less time to freeze.
Pop them in the freezer for an hour and they are ready to eat. I store these grapes in the freezer where I always have some on hand for an easy treat.
The kids loved these glitter grapes! Please make sure you cut the grapes in half for little ones as grapes can be a choking hazard.
Sour Patch Grapes
- 3 oz sugar free lime jello mix
- 1 lb seedless green grapes
- First wash grapes thoroughly and make sure to remove stems.
- Be sure they are plenty wet for the next step so that the gelatin mix is able to stick to them.
- Pour a small amount of the Jello powder into a separate bowl and add a few grapes that have just been washed. Roll them around a bit and when they are covered, place them in a zip top bag.
- Pop them in the freezer for an hour and they are ready to eat.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, you can and they are zero points as long as you use sugar free jello.
I prefer green grapes in general, but if you are a fan of red grapes, those work too.
Place the grapes in freezer bags and freeze. You can store in the freezer.
You sure can! You can use watermelon, cherry, orange, or strawberry. If you use a gelatin recipe that is not sure free be sure to account for the extra calories.