When you think of truffles, you think of a decadent treat. You may also think that something so delicious would take a lot of effort to make. I love the creamy taste of truffles, but I don't want to spend a lot of time making them, so these Easy Hot Chocolate Truffles really hit the spot. These hot cocoa truffles are so creamy and rich, you'll never believe they are made with only 3 ingredients. Don't forget to also check out our Valentine's Hot Chocolate Bombs and our Chocolate Snowballs.
Why make this recipe
- Concentrated flavor - a little goes a long way. These are so decadent that its is easy to practice portion control as you can't eat a lot at once.
- Easy - so simple that kids can help to make them with adult supervision
- Fast - you can make these in just 10 minutes and then they only need an hour to cool
This recipe makes 24 hot cocoa truffles depending on the size you roll them. They take just 10 minutes to make and one hour to cool.
How to make hot chocolate truffles
In a medium-sized pan, combine the semisweet chocolate chips and heavy cream over low heat.
Mix the two together until the chocolate chips start to melt and you get a smooth consistency.
Pour mixture into a parchment lined loaf pan.
Cover with saran wrap and place the truffle mixture in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until the mixture is solid.
With a cookie scoop, form balls from the mixture. If the truffle mixture begins to melt, place it back into the refrigerator to chill a bit more.
Roll the chocolate truffle ball in hot chocolate powder. You will end up with some mini marshmallows on them too!
Refrigerate until ready to serve. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
One of these sweet hot chocolate truffle balls goes a long way. I like to take small bites and really enjoy the flavor of these truffles that just melt in your mouth.
Easy Hot Chocolate Truffles
- In a medium-sized pan, combine semisweet chocolate chips and heavy cream over low heat, mix until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Pour mixture into a parchment lined loaf pan.
- Allow to sit in refrigerator for 1 hour or until mixture is solid.
- With an cookie scoop, form balls from the mixture (refreeze if truffle begins to melt).
- Roll in hot chocolate powder. Keep in fridge until ready to serve.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
They are best stored in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
You can roll in nuts or crushed candy canes in addition to the hot chocolate power for some extra flavor.