Fudge is such a sweet treat anytime of year, but we especially love making it around the holidays. This Easy Hot Chocolate Fudge is inspired by my favorite cold weather drink. It is packed with rich chocolate flavor and the marshmallows just take it over the top! If you enjoy this, be sure to check out our Easy Hot Chocolate Truffles.
Why fudge hot chocolate is amazing
- This chocolate fudge recipe with cocoa powder makes a great holiday gift for neighbors.
- You can package up cocoa fudge in a cute holiday tin like this one, and spread a little kindness and cheer to friends.
- Fudge with cocoa powder and sweetened condensed milk is the perfect treat for hot chocolate lovers!
- chocolate chips
- sweetened condensed milk
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
- marshmallow bits the small ones for hot cocoa
How to make hot cocoa fudge
Before you start to make this hot chocolate fudge recipe, you'll need to line a 9 by 9 inch pan with parchment paper.
Pour sweetened condensed milk into a small sauce pan, over low heat. Then whisk in the cocoa powder.
Next, stir chocolate chips into the saucepan and continue to whisk until the ingredients are well combined. Then stir in the vanilla extract.
Pour the fudge mixture into the parchment lined pan. Top the fudge mixture with the marshmallow bits. Make sure to press these into the chocolate or they will not stay on after the fudge has cooled.
Cover the fudge with plastic wrap, and refrigerate it for three hours or until it has become solid. When it is done setting, cut it into 12 equal sized pieces and serve.
You can change the flavor of the fudge by using dark chocolate chips. I prefer the flavor of milk chocolate, but if you prefer dark chocolate, you can use that.
Hot Cocoa Fudge Recipe
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup marshmallow bits the small ones for hot cocoa
- Line a 9 by 9 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a small sauce pan, over low heat, pour in sweetened condensed milk. Whisk in the cocoa powder.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and continue to whisk until well combined. Whisk in vanilla extract.
- Pour into the fudge into the parchment lined pan. Top with mallow bits. Make sure to press these well into the chocolate or they will not stay after cooled.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for three hours or until solid. Cut into fudge size pieces.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
If you like the combo of chocolate and mint, just substitute mint extract for the vanilla extract in the recipe.
This was SUCH a hit at Christmastime for me this year, I will be making it to take to a birthday party this weekend! Thank you!
Can you microwave this instead of heating on the stove top?
I love fudge and I love hot cocoa so this is a perfect combo!
This is such a fun fudge flavor! I can't wait to try it!
Hot Cocoa + Brownie + mini marshmallows = awesome deliciousness! Everyone will love these.
Patty @ Spoonabilities
This fudge looks amazing! What a treat! I will be trying this MOST DEFINITELY!
This fudge would never last for two weeks in OUR house! Looks so good, and perfect timing cuz I'm baking this weekend!!
I would never have thought to make this. Great recipe!