Have you ever had to bring in a Halloween snack for your child's class? I have a really simple treat here that your child can even help you make for Halloween. They're great to bring in for a class party or even just to celebrate with friends at home. So come on in, and learn how to make Halloween monster donuts.
⭐Why You'll Love This Recipe
Easy - Since this uses store-bought donuts, there is no baking or even turning on an oven.
Kids Can Help - Remember what I said about no baking? That means kids can help make these.
Quick - You can make a bunch of these at one time, making them perfect for a party!
• Donuts - I used a variety pack containing plain, chocolate and powdered sugar, but you can use any of your favorites.
• Gel icing - You don't need a lot. The icing is only to get the candy eyeballs to stick to the donuts. You can use one small tube and the color doesn't matter.
• Wilton Candy Eyes - These can be found in the baking aisle at the grocery store.
• Vampire Fangs - You can get these at Amazon or a Halloween store. I used a glow-in-the-dark variety, but any plastic fangs that are meant to fit over your teeth will work well.
📋Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1: First, take your donuts and stick the vampire fangs into the center of each of them.
STEP 2: Next, use your frosting as glue and stick on those candy eyes! I used gel icing, but any kind of frosting would work. You just want something that will act as glue for the eyes.
Aren't these Halloween treats adorable?
It just takes a few minutes to whip up this cute Halloween snack that is a fun mix of spooky and silly.
Tip 1: Make sure little ones remove the teeth before eating and watch them around the teeth since they could be a choking hazard.
Tip 2: If you don't have gel icing to stick on the candy eyes, you can also use frosting.
I think these donuts look best when made with a variety of donuts. A variety package of donuts does the trick since it comes with plain, chocolate, and powdered sugar donuts.
These will start to get stale after a day or two, so I recommend making them right before you plan to use them.
🎃Related Halloween Recipes
🌟If you try this recipe, leave a star rating below or a review in the comment section. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get my latest recipes!
How to Make Halloween Monster Donuts
- 12 donuts I used a variety pack
- 1 tube gel icing
- 24 Wilton candy eyes
- 12 plastic fangs not to eat, just for decoration
- Take your donuts and stick the vampire fangs into the center of each of them.
- Use your frosting as glue and stick on those candy eyes! I used a tube frosting, but any kind of frosting would work. You just want something that will act as a glue for the eyes.
Surfing the net while I'm stuck at home today. These look soooo good. I can't wait for halloween!
These halloween monster donuts are so cute! The kids would love these!
Haha these are so great! Such a clever Halloween treat, plus you get teeth!
Such a cute and creative idea for the kids this Halloween!
How lovely, sure the kids will love them x
These are seriously so cute and such a yummy treat! Definitely need to make these!
cute & little
Awww this are so cute! Perfect and easy enough anyone can do them! Thanks for sharing.