Have you ever had to bring in a Halloween snack for your child's class? I have a really simple treat here that your child can even help you make for Halloween. They're great to bring in for a class party or even just to celebrate with friends at home. So come on in, and learn how to make Halloween monster donuts. Be sure to also try our Oreo Spider Cookies!
⭐Why You'll Love This Recipe
Easy - Since this uses store-bought donuts, there is no baking or even turning on an oven.
Kids Can Help - Remember what I said about no baking? That means kids can help make these.
Quick - You can make a bunch of these at one time, making them perfect for a party!
• Donuts - I used a variety pack containing plain, chocolate and powdered sugar, but you can use any of your favorites.
• Gel icing - You don't need a lot. The icing is only to get the candy eyeballs to stick to the donuts. You can use one small tube and the color doesn't matter.
• Wilton Candy Eyes - These can be found in the baking aisle at the grocery store.
• Vampire Fangs - You can get these at Amazon or a Halloween store. I used a glow-in-the-dark variety, but any plastic fangs that are meant to fit over your teeth will work well.
📋Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1: First, take your donuts and stick the vampire fangs into the center of each of them.
STEP 2: Next, use your frosting as glue and stick on those candy eyes! I used gel icing, but any kind of frosting would work. You just want something that will act as glue for the eyes.
Aren't these Halloween treats adorable?
It just takes a few minutes to whip up this cute Halloween snack that is a fun mix of spooky and silly.
Tip 1: Make sure little ones remove the teeth before eating and watch them around the teeth since they could be a choking hazard.
Tip 2: If you don't have gel icing to stick on the candy eyes, you can also use frosting.
I think these donuts look best when made with a variety of donuts. A variety package of donuts does the trick since it comes with plain, chocolate, and powdered sugar donuts.
These will start to get stale after a day or two, so I recommend making them right before you plan to use them.
🎃Related Halloween Recipes
🌟If you try this recipe, leave a star rating below or a review in the comment section. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get my latest recipes!
How to Make Halloween Monster Donuts
- 12 donuts I used a variety pack
- 1 tube gel icing
- 24 Wilton candy eyes
- 12 plastic fangs not to eat, just for decoration
- Take your donuts and stick the vampire fangs into the center of each of them.
- Use your frosting as glue and stick on those candy eyes! I used a tube frosting, but any kind of frosting would work. You just want something that will act as a glue for the eyes.