I love my Instant Pot because it takes a formally time consuming dish and makes it simple. Take for example, this Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff Soup. You get to enjoy a hearty soup with all the flavors of Beef Stroganoff in a fraction of the time it would normally take to make. You will love this creamy soup with it's tender beef and classic flavor! For more delicious beef soup check out Crockpot Hamburger Macaroni Soup.
Why this Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff Soup is awesome
This soup makes six servings and takes just 30 minutes to cook up. It is perfect for those busy nights when you don't have a lot of time for dinner prep. It is one of the easiest Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff recipes out there.
- white onion; chopped
- stew beef
- chopped baby bella mushrooms
- black pepper
- beef broth
- heavy cream
- sour cream
- rotini pasta or pasta of choice
How to make this easy Beef Stroganoff Soup recipe
To make this soup, start by setting your Instant Pot on sauté mode. After it heats up, add in the chopped onion.
Next, add in your stew beef.
Then add in the sliced baby bella mushrooms.
You will want to sauté the meat until the outside has browned. Once that happens you can turn off sauté mode.
Next, pour in the beef broth and add in salt and pepper.
Then add water up to the fill line and place the lid on Instant Pot. Press pressure cook or manual and set time for 25 minutes. Set the valve to sealed position. When the Instant Pot stops counting, release the pressure.
Stir in the sour cream and heavy cream and let stand for 5 minutes. Then add in the pre-cooked pasta and mix thoroughly.
You can garnish this dish with rosemary if you wish. I love the pop of color that it adds! Enjoy this Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff with a side salad or some crusty bread.
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff Soup
- 1 white onion; chopped
- 1 ½ lbs stew beef
- 1 package baby bella mushrooms; sliced
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 - 32 oz beef broth
- 2 cups water or to fill line
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 oz rotini pasta; or pasta of choice
- Place instant pot on sauté mode. Add in onion and beef. Add in mushrooms. Sauté meat till the outside is browned. Turn off sauté mode.
- Pour in beef broth and add in salt and pepper. Add water to fill line and place lid on instant pot. Press pressure cook or manual and set time for 25 minutes. Set valve to sealed position. When the instant pot stops counting release pressure.
- Stir in sour cream and heavy cream and let stand for 5 minutes. Add in pre cooked pasta and mix thoroughly. Garnish with rosemary.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
You can use any type of noodle. Egg noodles are more common in a stroganoff, but I have also made this using bowtie pasta and it came out great.
You can also use a cut up beef roast in this recipe.
You can store this in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.