Just 4 ingredients are needed to make these Chocolate Covered Strawberries. Such an easy recipe even kids can make it! This post about Kid Made Chocolate Covered Strawberries was sponsored by Bounty, but all opinions are my own.
⭐Why This Recipe Works
- They made a decadent dessert or snack
- A wonderful treat for Valentine's day or Mother's Day
- Only 4 ingredients!
- Whole Strawberries - room temperature
- milk chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips - you will melt these and use to dip the strawberries.
- Sprinkles - colors to match you theme
- Colored candy melts - you can use whatever colors you want that match your theme or occasion.
📋Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1: Rinse off the strawberries and dry them with some Bounty paper towels. Be sure the strawberries are completely dry before you start the dipping process.
STEP 2: Microwave the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl for one minute. Remove from microwave and stir until the chips melt. The chocolate chips may need more time to completely melt. If so, microwave them at 30-second intervals, stirring in between.
STEP 3: If you have your child helping, you will want to be sure the bowl and chocolate aren't too hot for them to dip. Hold the strawberry by the green leafy stem and dip into the bowl of melted chocolate. You can dip as much or as little as you like. I prefer to have as much of the strawberry covered in chocolate as possible. Shake off the excess chocolate back into the bowl.
STEP 4: At this point your child can really personalize their strawberries. If you'd like them encrusted in sprinkles, simply pour some in a small bowl and dip your strawberry in right after dipping it in the melted chocolate.
STEP 6: Once the milk chocolate hardens you have some more decorating options. If you want to add a swirl or design to your strawberries, simply melt some candy melts in the color of your choice according to the package directions. Pour the melted candy melts into a small zip-top bag and cut a small triangle off one of the corners.
STEP 7: Squeeze some designs on the strawberries and add some pizzazz! Allow the chocolate to harden for 15-30 minutes.
These Chocolate Covered Strawberries make a great special treat. You can serve them for various occasions depending on the types and colors of sprinkles you use. We have made them using white chocolate chips as well and the strawberries turned out equally yummy.
Do you want your kids to learn to cook? Then Raddish is for you! Every kit features a new theme! You'll also get a shopping list emailed to you prior to delivery so you will be ready to cook. These kits are a great way for kids to develop new cooking skills and confidence in the kitchen while the entire family builds memories together.
🌟If you try this recipe, leave a star rating below or a review in the comment section. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get my latest recipes!
Kid Made Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 25 Whole Strawberries room temperature
- 12 oz milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup sprinkles
- 5 oz Colored candy melts
- Wash strawberries and dry them completely with a paper towel.
- Microwave the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for one minute. Remove from microwave and stir until the chips melt. The chocolate chips may need to more time to completely melt. If so, microwave them at 30 second intervals, stirring in between.
- Hold the strawberry by the green leafy tip and dip into the bowl of melted chocolate. You can dip as much or as little as you like. Shake off the excess chocolate back into the bowl.
- If you'd like the strawberries encrusted in sprinkles, simply pour some in a small bowl and dip your strawberry in right after dipping it in the melted chocolate.
- Place the strawberries on some parchment paper so the chocolate can harden.
- If you want to add a swirl or design to your strawberries, simply melt some candy melts in the color of your choice according to package directions. Pour the melted candy melts into a small zip top bag and cut a small triangle off one of the corners. Squeeze to swirl onto strawberries. Allow to harden 15-30 minutes.
- You'll want to start out with some clean, juicy strawberries.
- Use room-temperature strawberries.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Tip 1: You'll want to start out with some clean, juicy strawberries.
Tip 2: Use room-temperature strawberries.
What else can I use to top the strawberries?
If you don't have sprinkles or want to try something different, You can add chopped almonds or pecans or your favorite chopped nuts.
How do you store chocolate strawberries?
Store the covered strawberries at room temperature for up to a day. If you have any leftovers after that, store them uncovered in the fridge for up to a day.
Do I need a double boiler to melt the chocolate?
You do not. You can melt the chocolate in the microwave using the method in the recipe above.
Can I use dark chocolate?
Yes, dark chocolate tastes great with strawberries.