Are you looking for a tasty and festive dessert to serve at your July 4th party? Look no further than this mouthwatering Red White and Blue Blondies Recipe. Topped with M&Ms, these blondies are chewy and crispy treats that are the perfect addition to any patriotic celebration.
⭐Why This Recipe Works
- Easy to make - ready in just 30 minutes!
- Crispy crust and soft and gooey inside.
- Colorful blondies are the perfect treat for the Fourth of July or Memorial Day.
- Butter - melted. I used salted butter, but unsalted butter would also work.
- Brown sugar - I used light brown sugar, but dark brown sugar can also be used.
- Eggs - At room temperature.
- M&M candies - In red, white, and blue. You can find these during the summer months at grocery stores or order them online.
- White chocolate chips - These pair well with the milk chocolate in the M&Ms.
- Patriotic sprinkles - To add festive color and crunch.
📋How to Make Red White and Blue Blondies Recipe
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Pour flour, salt, and baking soda into a medium bowl and use a whisk to mix together.
STEP 2: Melt butter and pour it into a large bowl. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar to the bowl with melted butter. Stir to blend everything together completely.
STEP 3: Add 2 eggs and 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract to the melted butter and sugar mixture. Combine thoroughly.
STEP 4: Add dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients. Gently fold the flour mixture into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Be sure not to over-mix.
STEP 5: Pour most of the M&M candies into the batter, putting aside some to decorate the top of the blondies. Gently fold in the M&M's to evenly distribute them into the batter.
STEP 6: Spread the blondie batter into a 9×13 pan that has been prepared with cooking spray. You can also prepare the pan with parchment paper. Press the remainder of M&M's into the top of the batter.
STEP 7: Bake the blondies in a 350-degree oven for 20-25 minutes. You can use a toothpick inserted in the center to check for doneness. Take them out when they are golden brown on top but are still a little gooey in the middle.
STEP 8: Remove from the oven and let the blondies cool in the baking pan before cutting them into bars.
Enjoy these for any patriotic holiday!
Tip 1: You can make some variations to these blondies. Try changing up the chips to milk chocolate, or adding some chopped pecans or walnuts for added crunch.
Tip 2: For an added festive touch, drizzle melted white chocolate over the top of the blondies.
Tip 3: Use room-temperature butter and eggs to ensure the batter has a smooth texture.
How do I store blondies?
Store blondies at room temperature in an airtight container to keep them fresh and moist. They will last for up to five days.
What can I serve with this Red White and Blue Blondies Recipe?
I love to serve these with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.
🎆 Related Recipes
🌟If you try this recipe, leave a star rating below or a review in the comment section. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get my latest recipes! When you sign up you get The 5 Essential Recipes All Busy Moms Need.
Red White and Blue Blondies Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour flour, salt and baking soda into a medium bowl and whisk together.
- Melt butter and pour it into a large bowl. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar to bowl with melted butter.
- Mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Add 2 eggs and 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract to the melted butter and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to bowl with wet ingredients.
- Gently fold flour mixture into the wet ingredients, taking care not to over mix.
- Pour most of the M&M candies into the batter.
- Gently fold in the M&M's to evenly distribute them.
- Spread the batter into a greased 9×13 pan. Press some M&M's into the top of the batter.
- Bake the Easter blondies in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. You want to be sure to take them out when they have browned on top but are still a little gooey in the middle.
- Remove from oven and let cool and cut them into bars. This Easter blondie recipe will make 16 servings.