There’s only one thing better than chocolate chip cookies and that is giant skillet chocolate chip cookies. All the warm and gooey goodness of chocolate chip cookies baked into a large skillet and topped with vanilla ice cream. The vanilla ice cream is optional, but you’re not going to want to leave it out! Make a restaurant favorite dessert at home!
Why this skillet cookie is awesome
- Giant warm cookie, need I say more?
- Easy to personalize by adding nuts, caramel, salt, etc...
- Serve it warm right out of the oven topped with vanilla ice cream
- butter (room temperature)
- brown sugar
- baking soda
- milk chocolate chunks
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
How to make this pizookie recipe
To make this cast iron skillet cookie, preheat your oven to 325℉. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In a stand mixer, combine the brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, vanilla and room temperature butter.
Slowly combine the dry & wet ingredients. Then add in the chocolate chips.
Pour cookie batter into a medium-sized cast iron skillet.
Bake for 35 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown. It will be hard to be patient, but letting the cookie bake until the edges turn brown will give your cookie a slight crunch. Yum!
Serve topped with vanilla ice cream. Grab a few spoons for sharing & enjoy this skillet chocolate chip cookie!
Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1 cup Butter room temperature
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Milk Chocolate Chunks
- Vanilla Ice Cream optional
- Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder & salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, combine brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, milk, & butter.
- Slowly combine the dry & wet ingredients. Then add the chocolate chips.
- Pour cookie batter into a medium sized cast iron skillet.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream & enjoy!
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
I used a 12 inch skillet.
No you don't. You'll want to be sure you have a skillet that can go in an oven though.
There are tons of varieties. Some of my favorites are: peanut butter, blondie, chocolate, or the ultimate Skillet Monster Pizookie like this one from Chelsea's Messy Apron.
Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies in the Air Fryer
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
Annie @ Annie's Noms
Skillet cookies are my jam right now, I can't get enough. This looks divine, I want to dive through the screen and grab a spoon right now!
Love this hassle-free recipe for a giant chocolate chip cookie! Thanks for the recipe.
My dessert weakness for sure, this is one delicious skillet cookie! Perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream - superb!!
My kids are going to freak out when they see this!! Totally like going out for dessert at a restaurant but thankfully, without having to go out. This looks fantastic!
OMG this skillet cookie has my name written all over it! Can't beat a big ooey gooey cookie!